The Car Discussion Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Car Discussion Thread

Post by Jocephus »

who wants a cybertruck?

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

it's like the back to the future DeLorean and christian bale's batmobile had a baby

and not in a good way

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

What an ugly POS that thing is. I'll stick with my Ram 3500.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

cardsfantx wrote:it's like the back to the future DeLorean and christian bale's batmobile had a baby
And was rendered on the original PlayStation.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

So we went to dinner and a movie, which where I live means a 45 minute drive. It was such a nice day I thought screw it let's take the viper. We get out of the theater and it is sleeting like crazy. You talk about terrifying, trying to pilot a car that's already an unruly bastard in ice. Man I'm glad to be home. Took us over an hour.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

IMADreamer wrote:So we went to dinner and a movie, which where I live means a 45 minute drive. It was such a nice day I thought screw it let's take the viper. We get out of the theater and it is sleeting like crazy. You talk about terrifying, trying to pilot a car that's already an unruly bastard in ice. Man I'm glad to be home. Took us over an hour.
My dad had an 82 (or so) 5.0 Mustang which iirc correctly was the return of the non crappy Mustangs. That thing was absolutely terrible in any kind of bad weather.

Man, I’m surprised you made that mistake.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

lukethedrifter wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:So we went to dinner and a movie, which where I live means a 45 minute drive. It was such a nice day I thought screw it let's take the viper. We get out of the theater and it is sleeting like crazy. You talk about terrifying, trying to pilot a car that's already an unruly bastard in ice. Man I'm glad to be home. Took us over an hour.
My dad had an 82 (or so) 5.0 Mustang which iirc correctly was the return of the non crappy Mustangs. That thing was absolutely terrible in any kind of bad weather.

Man, I’m surprised you made that mistake.
Major miscalculation on my part. The forecast was 40 percent chance of rain after midnight, changing to snow by morning. I knew we would be home by midnight so I thought we were good.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Not sure I'd call that self parking since the driver was still controlling it but that doesn't mean systems like that weren't brilliantly awesome!

I had a fun one happen Saturday night. My step-niece (for simplicity's sake) just turned 18 on Thanksgiving Day and with my mom and her husband hosting another Thanksgiving on Saturday, we also celebrated her birthday. When the step-niece and her parents showed up, she looked really excited and anxious about something. Then slowly over the course of the evening the excitement went away. Finally after dinner and cake, singing Happy Birthday, etc. we were watching the Blues game when she finally asked me if the Infiniti out front was mine. I said it was and that's when I found out what was going on. When she pulled up with her parents she saw the car in the driveway with temp tags and was peeking inside through the windows. Since she saw nothing inside of the car (I still have the plastic down in the front from the dealer to protect the carpet as long as I can even) she thought her grandpa bought it for her and had been expecting him to gift it to her at any time all night! Then her parents laughed at her and made fun of her the rest of the night.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

tlombard wrote:Then her parents laughed at her and made fun of her the rest of the night.
I feel like the best parenting stories should end like this.