The Car Discussion Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: 2012 Election Thread (probably contains partisan bickeri

Post by sighyoung »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
jim wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I don't know if you are picking up what I am laying down. I'm not calling a Camry a crappy car. I'm calling it a boring car.

I'm sorry if that offends Camry drivers.
All Toyota's are boring cars. They are soul-less.
I drove one soul-less minivan 18 years. I'm at 8 on another soul-less car which has only cost me routine maintenance and show no sign of not going another 8 or 10. Both paid for driving them off the lot.

I'll take that lack of soul to the bank every freaking day, twice on Sunday, and 24/7/365.
I remember the hosts of Car Talk describing Hondas and Toyotas as being built like refrigerators--completely boring, but built to last and last and last. That's pretty much it. But I'd rather have 20 years of boring and money in my pocket at this point.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I don't know, when I go through the gates of heaven I want it to be backwards, on fire, and with a huge smile on my face. As I climb out look at St. Peter and say "just have it towed to my place" as I take my race helmet off to the horror of those waiting in line. Not with an oxygen tube up my nose and a walker.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

For everyone wanting to just get from point A to point B, I have this to say: You are missing alot of fun. I just enjoy driving.

jim

Post by jim »

IMADreamer wrote:If you see a black 2008 Vette sitting at a stop light, with a cam that's a little too big, sitting a little too low, and an exhaust a little to loud, that takes off at the green light like it's a fast and furious movie don't think twice about it. It's just me and my small penis out for a drive.
Enjoy your car and the drive.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

conversely to everyone missing vacations to vegas or mexico or europe or the keys or your buddy that lives somewhere else or go out to get a drink with your friends...or whatever you enjoy because you're trying to get from A to B in a car that makes you look cool (not talking to you, jim or ima), you're missing a lot of fun.

jim

Post by jim »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:conversely to everyone missing vacations to vegas or mexico or europe or the keys or your buddy that lives somewhere else or go out to get a drink with your friends...or whatever you enjoy because you're trying to get from A to B in a car that makes you look cool (not talking to you, jim or ima), you're missing a lot of fun.
Balance. Like I said if you enjoy the drive, you don't need to break the bank. But if you do have the money, and that's what you like, it doesn't necessarily mean anything more than you like the car you are driving. On the other hand, I would definitely agree that buying a $60k car when you make oh ... 60k a year - probably not a good idea.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post by Radbird »

Camry was quite simply the best car I could buy for what I was willing to spend. It's comfortable, reliable, well-equipped. Besides it's a sedan - how frickin' sexy can they get?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

jim wrote:For everyone wanting to just get from point A to point B, I have this to say: You are missing alot of fun. I just enjoy driving.
I love riding in a car. The driving part I can take or leave. Bring on the self steering cars.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Radbird wrote:Camry was quite simply the best car I could buy for what I was willing to spend. It's comfortable, reliable, well-equipped. Besides it's a sedan - how frickin' sexy can they get?
How sexy can a sedan get? BEHOLD the power of an AMG Mercedes. lol

Ok, I admit it's not affordable, but I think they are stunning in every way.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

ghostrunner wrote:
jim wrote:For everyone wanting to just get from point A to point B, I have this to say: You are missing alot of fun. I just enjoy driving.
I love riding in a car. The driving part I can take or leave. Bring on the self steering cars.
This would be great.