What the hell is (a) bitcoin?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: What the hell is (a) bitcoin?

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I don't think Bitcoin will ever totally die. People need it to buy drugs (though maybe a new currency will emerge). I was going to buy a little at $10000. But it has rallied a bit.

Kriptopenguin, when is your initial crypto coin offering?

kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado

Post by kriptopoulin »

bitcoin is going up

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

That's the spirit!

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

bitcoin is going down

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Checking in on the “does blockchain have any productive uses yet” question: lol.

I Looked Into 34 Top Real-World Blockchain Projects So You Don’t Have To

TL;DR: The top #1 Google result for “blockchain production users” (and related queries) lists 34 individual “real world blockchain” projects. One would expect some actual functioning projects that have an impact on every-day consumers — outside of cryptocurrency & NFTs. Looking into all 34, I found that 13 are already dead (including one that has been killed by the SEC), 6 are only useful within the crypto & NFT ecosystems and not in the “real world” and 14 use Blockchain in a way where removing the blockchain would not impact functionality at all, or make the product better. The remaining project is Chainalysis, which has real-world impact by helping law enforcement de-anonymizing blockchain users.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Gatewayredbirds.com

Blockchain use case yay or nay?

Can we gamify GRB so that every time you make a post you get part of an Ethereum token or something?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

G. Keenan wrote:
August 19 22, 1:43 pm
Gatewayredbirds.com

Blockchain use case yay or nay?

Can we gamify GRB so that every time you make a post you get part of an Ethereum token or something?
Right now is dead but don't now the future.

BrntOrngStud
Veteran Player

Post by BrntOrngStud »

I bought some bitcoin and ethereum along with some USDC on Voyager. Only about 1% of my net worth but it's been locked up for almost 2 months now. Part of the reason motivating me was the Mark Cuban promotion of Voyager (figured it would be legitimate) but it looks like Voyager made a stupid non collateralized loan of 650 million to 3AC (who the hell makes a loan of 650 million and doesn't require any collateral?). Anyway, I still have about 17k in there waiting for the bankruptcy process to complete.

Anyone else have crypto on Voyager?

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BrntOrngStud wrote:
August 22 22, 9:29 pm
I bought some bitcoin and ethereum along with some USDC on Voyager. Only about 1% of my net worth but it's been locked up for almost 2 months now. Part of the reason motivating me was the Mark Cuban promotion of Voyager (figured it would be legitimate) but it looks like Voyager made a stupid non collateralized loan of 650 million to 3AC (who the hell makes a loan of 650 million and doesn't require any collateral?). Anyway, I still have about 17k in there waiting for the bankruptcy process to complete.

All my money is tied up in 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. cards.

BrntOrngStud
Veteran Player

Post by BrntOrngStud »

heyzeus wrote:
August 23 22, 8:18 am
BrntOrngStud wrote:
August 22 22, 9:29 pm

All my money is tied up in 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. cards.
All my money is going to be tied up on Albert's 697 HR ball.