GRB Kids thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: GRB Kids thread

Post by heyzeus »

Radbird wrote:
January 6 23, 11:05 am
Although she’s in her 30s and hardly a kid anymore, I’m putting this here as a proud papa.

She shocked us at Christmas by giving us a trip to Europe next month to celebrate our 70th birthdays. When we objected citing her teacher’s salary and cost of living in Boston, she cut us off saying she has planned for this, that we’ve been hibernating for the last 3 years and, in her opinion, withering away and we need off our asses and get back out into the world. End of discussion.

We are going to Prague! I know many of you are probably scratching your heads thinking it’s February, why not a Mediterranean spot? We’re not big beach people and both of us have Czech/Slovak/Hungarian ancestry. So far we’ve booked the flights and Airbnb along with a classical music tour with concert and dinner.

Major props to the kiddo.
That's amazing and awesome, and I hope you have a great time, and you have an awesome kid.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:
January 6 23, 11:05 am
Although she’s in her 30s and hardly a kid anymore, I’m putting this here as a proud papa.

She shocked us at Christmas by giving us a trip to Europe next month to celebrate our 70th birthdays. When we objected citing her teacher’s salary and cost of living in Boston, she cut us off saying she has planned for this, that we’ve been hibernating for the last 3 years and, in her opinion, withering away and we need off our asses and get back out into the world. End of discussion.

We are going to Prague! I know many of you are probably scratching your heads thinking it’s February, why not a Mediterranean spot? We’re not big beach people and both of us have Czech/Slovak/Hungarian ancestry. So far we’ve booked the flights and Airbnb along with a classical music tour with concert and dinner.

Major props to the kiddo.

Sounds like an amazing trip. Great job Sis!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

My son, who was born during the last week of the 2011 regular season, is about to wrap up his first day of middle school. Time flying, etc.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

It's crazy how fast they grow. Each year goes by faster than the last. Grab ahold of them and don't let go.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

heyzeus wrote:
August 14 23, 2:23 pm
My son, who was born during the last week of the 2011 regular season, is about to wrap up his first day of middle school. Time flying, etc.
Pretty messed up that the kid hasn't won a championship that he can remember in his lifetime. The kids deserve better, DeWallet.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

In 9 days, my oldest starts her senior year of HS and the little one will start kindergarten. WOOOOoooooooooo!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
August 15 23, 7:21 am
heyzeus wrote:
August 14 23, 2:23 pm
Pretty messed up that the kid hasn't won a championship that he can remember in his lifetime. The kids deserve better, DeWallet.
It's probably why he doesn't give a [expletive] about baseball. THANKS GIRSCH.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Was there fights and vaping and teachers assaulted? I send a kid to middle school in a few weeks. Middle School is a mess pretty much everywhere since COVID. I’m trying not to let my great level of fear about it infect him.

I told him to tell the other kids his doctor said he’d vaped so much he would die if he had even just one more hit, and taught him the magic of the Canadian girlfriend.

No, I’m not actually worried about his popularity. I’m worried about mine. Think of all the credibility I’d get from having a kid so badass he can’t punch teachers because he’s on parole (or so the other kids think).

Dynamics change so much in middle school. I hope he can find good people.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

sighyoung wrote:
October 19 22, 7:23 pm
The children are now 20 and 26, respectively.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Just dropped my oldest off at college about an hour ago. He was a year old when this place started.

It was very dusty in the car.

I hope he loves it.