Phone bills

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: Phone bills

Post by go birds »

was paying $88/month for 450 minutes and unlimited data/text, but i just recently lost my 20% discount from my old employer so now i pay like $115.

*sigh*

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Just under $300 for 4 adults with 4 smart phones. Unltd t/t + pretty big data pkg. Too much really.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Could you guys also tell who your service is with? Some of these sound like pretty good deals.

I have Verizon service. 5 phones. $180 per month. No data.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i have sprint...unlimited text/data, i think 450 mins, for 65$. probably getting ripped off but i rarely use my phone for actual phone calls. need to get a new phone too...

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I have T-Mobile prepaid

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Post by Bo Hart »

RxOfCowbell wrote:$30/month for unlimited data, texts, and 100 minutes (plus 10 cents per extra min)

(except i never pay for extra minutes since i just use google voice+talkatone)
Through what carrier?

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

jeez, look up one post

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

LMFAO - we call ATT this morning to reduce our plan and 15 minutes later we have a bill $10 higher. HOW DID THEY DO THAT?

Basically what has happened is Ryan has gone back to school and is approaching the limit of his dataplan. I have 2GB and my wife 300MB, neither of us get close to that. But because of our son we ended getting a family data plan that effectively raised our bill by almost $10.

Unreal how that works. It's like [expletive] heroin.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

Jocephus wrote:i have sprint...unlimited text/data, i think 450 mins, for 65$. probably getting ripped off but i rarely use my phone for actual phone calls. need to get a new phone too...
What does that end up being with taxes and everything? I think I have the exact same plan, but somehow it ends up being $90 when it's all said and done.

Edit: Yeah, it's called the Everything Data 450 Plan, but for me it's 79.99 plus taxes. Is that $65 with an employee discount or something?

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

My wife and I use Ting, a Sprint pre-paid carrier. They meter their plans based on usage of a couple levers(minutes, texts, MB of data) so it's not the exact same bill every month, but we pay in the neighborhood of $60/month. We aren't huge users of data though(rarely exceeding 500 MB in a month), and needed to bring our own phones(from Ebay for ~$75 each).