Phone bills

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Phone bills

Post by cardinalkarp »

go birds wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
go birds wrote:was paying $88/month for 450 minutes and unlimited data/text, but i just recently lost my 20% discount from my old employer so now i pay like $115.

*sigh*
That's my exact plan (well what you had)...I've got my wife's iPad on there w/ a 3GB plan & my total bill is $110 or so.
And the problem is that when i choose to upgrade my iPhone 4s, i will lose my unlimited data plan i've been grandfathered into, assuming they don't just completely phase it out altogether.

I haven't looked at prices for plans lately, but last time i did, 4GB of data was the biggest most expensive plan and i'm pretty sure it's prolly more expensive than what i'm paying right now.

(i stream alot of stuff via my phone)
IF you're w/ AT&T you won't lose your unlimited data package. It's still grandfathered in, I just went from the 4 to the 5 & was able to keep unlimited data (to my surprise)

cardsfantx
Perennial All-Star

Post by cardsfantx »

Yeah, with Verizon I believe you're fine (grandfathered) if you go from a 3G phone to another (like iPhone 4 to 4s). It's when you go to an LTE phone (4s to iPhone 5) is when you'll lose it.

I'm a grandfathered att person, so I don't know for sure...I believe that's how it was described to me by a friend with Verizon though.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

cardinalkarp wrote:
go birds wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
go birds wrote:was paying $88/month for 450 minutes and unlimited data/text, but i just recently lost my 20% discount from my old employer so now i pay like $115.

*sigh*
That's my exact plan (well what you had)...I've got my wife's iPad on there w/ a 3GB plan & my total bill is $110 or so.
And the problem is that when i choose to upgrade my iPhone 4s, i will lose my unlimited data plan i've been grandfathered into, assuming they don't just completely phase it out altogether.

I haven't looked at prices for plans lately, but last time i did, 4GB of data was the biggest most expensive plan and i'm pretty sure it's prolly more expensive than what i'm paying right now.

IF you're w/ AT&T you won't lose your unlimited data package. It's still grandfathered in, I just went from the 4 to the 5 & was able to keep unlimited data (to my surprise)
shoulda specified i am a verizon customer.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Prepay $16.27 including tax. Flip phone mainly for emergencies with the occasional social call/text.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Molly are you 100

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

go birds wrote:When did you last upgrade? Because I've heard that I will lose it with my next upgrade.
About a month ago. I did my upgrade online, so I avoided mis-info from a human being.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

go birds wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
go birds wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:

*sigh*

shoulda specified i am a verizon customer.
Well, that answers that!

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

go birds wrote:Molly are you 100
In another 40 years :wink:

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Woke up this morning and my phone is totally dead. Won't turn on, won't charge, nothing. I plugged it in to charge it before I went to bed last night and it was working fine. I didn't drop it or anything. I tried putting the battery in from my wife's phone (we have the same model). Nothing. I have an old phone I activated but what sucks is none of the apps work on it now. For example, MLB At Bat says my phone is not compatible if I try to download it. Same goes for Run Keeper, and many other apps I used on my now dead phone. The dead phone is an HTC Rezound if you were wondering.

I have 5 months until it is time to renew my contract. I spoke with Verizon and they said they might move up the date due to my situation, and will let me know within 2-3 days. I don't know how far they'll move it up, though. I'm debating whether or not to renew with Verizon at that time, anyway. Does anyone have Straight Talk or Net 10 or any of those other month-to-month plans? Are they worth looking at? I don't need to have the most cutting edge technology or anything but I would like to be able to use these apps like MLB At Bat and Run Keeper still. Trying to figure out which phone and which plan I'd have to get if I were to switch to Straight Talk or Net 10, and if it is even worth looking at.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

Go to a Staples store they may get you an early upgrade