Subway smell

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Re: Subway smell

Post by The Third Man »

Anybody here been to Potbelly? Been meaning to try it.

http://www.potbelly.com/Default.aspx

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Third Man wrote:Anybody here been to Potbelly? Been meaning to try it.

i haven't...and this is random but i seem to recall an interview with tina fey and steve carell on moviefone and they were talking about favorite places to eat in chicago and tina was rattling off a lot and she mentions JJ and potbellys...so yah

re: chik fila

granted i haven't eaten there in probably 5-8 years i dont recall the sandwich being anything spectacular...same with a big mac, whopper, etc...

i think their bigger reason for success is that they are the "chicken fast food" place. it'd be tough to compete with McD, BK, as far as burgers so lets just do a chicken version...and their adverts are clever with the cow and the sign and the "eat more chicken".

i know how popular they are. well, first, there used to only be a Chik fila on the WSU campus, in the student center...and that literally was the only place to go for it in wichita...then about 2 or 3 years ago they opened 2, one on the east side, one on the west...i live on the east, and at the time, near the intersection where they put it...people were effing camping out for over a week to be one of the first 100 ( i think) customers...i think they were giving out like "free sandwiches for a year" cards to those first 100 but i was just flabbergasted...every morning driving to work seeing tents in the parking lot...i was kinda embarrassed for humanity...i can sorta understand for black friday, i guess, but for [expletive] fast food? really? (and pretty sure it was same response on the west side store too)

i realize im weird though. food rarely impresses me (or leaves a lasting impression on me). i cant help but think in a matter of hours it will be converted into waste matter and flushed away from memory.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Potbelly is pretty good. I ate there on my trip to Chicago last year. I had no idea they have locations in KC.
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Firehouse is kind of weird. They steam their subs rather than toast them. The subs end up being okay but I think their prices are a little high. I ate at Lenny's one time but it didn't leave much of an impression. Pretty similar to Jersey Mike's.
I'm interested in knowing what kind of sandwich place(s) have made an impression on you.
Well it's kind of hard when I've already been familiarized with the greatest sub shop to ever exist. Capriotti's buries every other place by a landslide but unfortunately they aren't in the midwest yet.

Of the places available in STL, Legrand's is pretty damn good. Planet Sub and Which Wich have good food but are a little pricey. I've only tried Lenny's, Jersey Mike's and Penn Station once apiece and couldn't tell you the difference between the three. Firehouse Subs tastes like it came out of a microwave and isn't all that filling for the price. Of the national chains, Jimmy John's is the best. I would say Goodcents has passed Quizno's for second. Quizno's used to be good until about 5 or 6 years ago and they stopped giving a [expletive]. Subway is far and away the worst.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

The Third Man wrote:Anybody here been to Potbelly? Been meaning to try it.

We have several Potbellys. I like it more than Subway or JJ.

The Third Man

Post by The Third Man »

Legrand's is so goddamn good. Anytime anybody I know goes to STL I have them bring me back a Legend Club. I also took one of their menus with me last time I visited and am highlighting the list one by one as I try each sandwich. I'm on like five or six out of, what, fifty-plus?

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
StL Dan wrote:Chik fil A was raking long before it was widely recognized for being a Christian run organization.
That's because they make a damn good chicken sandwich.
Precisely.

Case closed.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

The Third Man wrote:Legrand's is so goddamn good. Anytime anybody I know goes to STL I have them bring me back a Legend Club. I also took one of their menus with me last time I visited and am highlighting the list one by one as I try each sandwich. I'm on like five or six out of, what, fifty-plus?
I've never even heard of this place, but it's on my list of must vist places whenever I vist the Lou.

Tell me more aboot the Legend Club.

The Third Man

Post by The Third Man »

StL Dan wrote:
The Third Man wrote:Legrand's is so goddamn good. Anytime anybody I know goes to STL I have them bring me back a Legend Club. I also took one of their menus with me last time I visited and am highlighting the list one by one as I try each sandwich. I'm on like five or six out of, what, fifty-plus?
I've never even heard of this place, but it's on my list of must vist places whenever I vist the Lou.

We have a thread dedicated to that masterpiece of sandwich artistry here on GRB.

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=29471

(Though it ends up covering STL sandwich places and Legrand's in general.)

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

The Third Man wrote:
StL Dan wrote:

We have a thread dedicated to that masterpiece of sandwich artistry here on GRB.

Blues City Deli!

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

The Third Man wrote:
StL Dan wrote:

Thanks! I'll check it out.