Malaysia Airlines flight missing

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Re: Malaysia Airlines flight missing

Post by Vidor »

British TV a-hole ransacks a victim's luggage

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/21/british ... s_luggage/

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Vidor wrote:British TV a-hole ransacks a victim's luggage

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/21/british ... s_luggage/
Sky News - Another Rupert Murdoch entity.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

This kind of stuff always makes me wonder...

Young MH17 victim has eerie premonition of crash

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

stlouie_lipp wrote:This kind of stuff always makes me wonder...

I firmly fall into the I don't believe in premonitions type thing, but.... When I was little I was at my Grandparents and my Grandmother who was always an optimist singing, whistling, and enjoying going about her day wasn't on this particular day. I heard her tell my Grandpa that she just felt like something really bad was going to happen that day. She didn't know what. Then we watched the Space Shuttle take off. Something my Grandma always loved. It was the Challenger.

So while I don't believe in that sort of thing, I can't help but get goose bumps sometimes when I read stories like that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

another missing and/or crashed plane

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28460625

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

IMADreamer wrote:

I firmly fall into the I don't believe in premonitions type thing, but.... When I was little I was at my Grandparents and my Grandmother who was always an optimist singing, whistling, and enjoying going about her day wasn't on this particular day. I heard her tell my Grandpa that she just felt like something really bad was going to happen that day. She didn't know what. Then we watched the Space Shuttle take off. Something my Grandma always loved. It was the Challenger.

So while I don't believe in that sort of thing, I can't help but get goose bumps sometimes when I read stories like that.
Yoda wrote:I anticipate a great disturbance in the Force.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

IMADreamer wrote:

I chalk this one up to a kid boarding a plane from an airline that recently had a plane disappear. If my daughter, who is close in age to this kid, was doing the same, she be terrified.

It's like the guy who took a pic of the plane and put on Instagram (or whatever app it was) that if his plane crashed this is what it looked like. I saw stories about that like he knew something was going to happen. That wouldn't have been posted if the first flight didn't go missing.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

A crash is a pretty common thought when preparing to board a plane. And kids (at least mine) can be pretty casual about morbid subject matter. Really they just say what they're thinking instead of keeping it to themselves.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

BW23 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

I chalk this one up to a kid boarding a plane from an airline that recently had a plane disappear. If my daughter, who is close in age to this kid, was doing the same, she be terrified.

It's like the guy who took a pic of the plane and put on Instagram (or whatever app it was) that if his plane crashed this is what it looked like. I saw stories about that like he knew something was going to happen. That wouldn't have been posted if the first flight didn't go missing.
I was absolutely too scared to fly when I was a kid. Every time my parents wanted to fly, I refused. I was too scared. If they absolutely made me, I'd talk about nothing but the flight crashing for weeks in advance. None of them did.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

my first flight i was probably somewhere between 8-11 and it was from KC to chicago (family vacation) and i was so excited for it. i loved everything about it, the seat ,the dials, the switches (lights, a/c), the folding tray etc.

i still dont have a problem with flying but its definitely easier to think of bad things or the fact that im flying in a plastic tube at 500 mph.