IT's TEH AdmiralKird SuperHappyFunThread!!!

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: IT's TEH AdmiralKird SuperHappyFunThread!!!

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I would never [expletive] with a raccoon.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

lukethedrifter wrote:I would never [expletive] with a raccoon.
Exactly.
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I would never [expletive] with a raccoon.
Exactly.
love that beat!
tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm sure I told my raccoon story back when it happened in 2011 but I'll share it again. I really thought I was about to get messed up.

One night after softball we went to Harry's at Southwest and Kingshighway. At the end of the evening others offered me a ride home but I turned them down and just walked the two and a half blocks home. As I was walking down the one way street that intersects with my street, I decided I would just take the alley and go in through the back door to the building/apartment. Since it was a one way street I was only looking to my left as I crossed to the alley and as I got to the middle of the street I finally looked forward and less then ten feet in front of me was a raccoon. It was NOT happy to see me. I stopped dead in my tracks and just slowly backed away and kept an eye on it as I went around the corner to my street. That thing was big. It's back was arched and it was making some growling/hissing/weird noise. It stared me down until I got around the corner. If I hadn't looked up when I did, I would have walked right into the thing and it wouldn't have ended well.

Ever since then, I do not go in the alley after dark unless it is the dead of winter. With all of the dumpsters there, I figure there is a raccoon scavenging in every single one ready to jump out and tear my face off.
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

tlombard wrote:I'm sure I told my raccoon story back when it happened in 2011 but I'll share it again. I really thought I was about to get messed up.

One night after softball we went to Harry's at Southwest and Kingshighway. At the end of the evening others offered me a ride home but I turned them down and just walked the two and a half blocks home. As I was walking down the one way street that intersects with my street, I decided I would just take the alley and go in through the back door to the building/apartment. Since it was a one way street I was only looking to my left as I crossed to the alley and as I got to the middle of the street I finally looked forward and less then ten feet in front of me was a raccoon. It was NOT happy to see me. I stopped dead in my tracks and just slowly backed away and kept an eye on it as I went around the corner to my street. That thing was big. It's back was arched and it was making some growling/hissing/weird noise. It stared me down until I got around the corner. If I hadn't looked up when I did, I would have walked right into the thing and it wouldn't have ended well.

Ever since then, I do not go in the alley after dark unless it is the dead of winter. With all of the dumpsters there, I figure there is a raccoon scavenging in every single one ready to jump out and tear my face off.
Back in early 2000's I lived in a second floor apartment in an old house. I was coming home and got to the top of the stairs and a big racoon was standing on the landing waiting for me. I don't think I've ever moved so fast as I turned around and tore ass down the stairs.