Useful Apps thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Swirls
gone fission

Re: Useful Apps thread

Post by Swirls »

If you shop at Target much, Cartwheel is fantastic. It's free, and you just scan the barcodes of everything you have in your shopping cart. Various items may or may not be on sale for like 10% or 20% off. The sales aren't posted anywhere to my knowledge, so it is essentially completely random as to what you will get a discount on - although I think it goes by department or brand or something, so you could get a bunch of the same style item on sale one day but the next day it will be totally different stuff. Once you go to the checkout aisle, the cashier scans the QR code on your phone and you get the discounts on everything that qualified.

Soundhound for finding song titles that I hear on the radio.

Password Keeper for storing all your passwords to various websites.

TripIt for handling travel itineraries for any trips you take.

Google Drive for obvious reasons.

PhotoCollage and Photo Resizer again for obvious reasons.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Google Opinion Rewards is a worthwhile app, especially if you have an Android. You get quick two or three question surveys and get 10-50 cents in play store credit. You can buy apps or pro versions or apps you love or extra candy crush turns with it. The most common one I see is asking me if I was at a place recently and then to rate my experience.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

vinsanity wrote:Google Opinion Rewards is a worthwhile app, especially if you have an Android. You get quick two or three question surveys and get 10-50 cents in play store credit. You can buy apps or pro versions or apps you love or extra candy crush turns with it. The most common one I see is asking me if I was at a place recently and then to rate my experience.

I've been using Opinion Rewards since you mentioned this. I'm up to almost 2 bucks. I like it. It takes like a minute to do a survey.

I'm looking for a good daily to do list app. Anyone have any suggestions.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

IMADreamer wrote:
vinsanity wrote:Google Opinion Rewards is a worthwhile app, especially if you have an Android. You get quick two or three question surveys and get 10-50 cents in play store credit. You can buy apps or pro versions or apps you love or extra candy crush turns with it. The most common one I see is asking me if I was at a place recently and then to rate my experience.

I've been using Opinion Rewards since you mentioned this. I'm up to almost 2 bucks. I like it. It takes like a minute to do a survey.

I'm looking for a good daily to do list app. Anyone have any suggestions.
We have Cozi for our family calendar. It has a to do list feature, but I don't really use it for that. The calendar feature is nice though.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Hopefully none of you were using this app:
It's a 'Criminal Takedown Like We Have Never Seen'

The app was lauded by criminals around the world, who promoted it "for its absolute reliability," says Jannine van den Berg, chief constable of the Central Unit of the Dutch police, per the Washington Post. "But nothing was further from the truth." The encrypted messaging app, AN0M, was in fact controlled by the FBI, which joined with agencies in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, and South America to crack down on criminal users. On Tuesday, law enforcement officials announced the arrests of more than 800 users in 17 countries, tied to organized crime, drug trafficking, money laundering, and even murder plots. The effort, dubbed Trojan Shield, was "one of the largest and most sophisticated law enforcement operations to date in the fight against encrypted criminal activities," said Jean-Philippe Lecouffe, Europol's deputy director for operations.

Officials seized more than $48 million in cash and cryptocurrencies, tons of drugs, and 250 firearms in recent raids. They also apparently prevented the planned assassination of a family of five.

https://www.newser.com/story/307119/its ... -seen.html

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

mikechamp wrote:
June 9 21, 11:48 pm
Hopefully none of you were using this app:
It's a 'Criminal Takedown Like We Have Never Seen'

The app was lauded by criminals around the world, who promoted it "for its absolute reliability," says Jannine van den Berg, chief constable of the Central Unit of the Dutch police, per the Washington Post. "But nothing was further from the truth." The encrypted messaging app, AN0M, was in fact controlled by the FBI, which joined with agencies in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, and South America to crack down on criminal users. On Tuesday, law enforcement officials announced the arrests of more than 800 users in 17 countries, tied to organized crime, drug trafficking, money laundering, and even murder plots. The effort, dubbed Trojan Shield, was "one of the largest and most sophisticated law enforcement operations to date in the fight against encrypted criminal activities," said Jean-Philippe Lecouffe, Europol's deputy director for operations.

Officials seized more than $48 million in cash and cryptocurrencies, tons of drugs, and 250 firearms in recent raids. They also apparently prevented the planned assassination of a family of five.

https://www.newser.com/story/307119/its ... -seen.html
*sweats nervously* That's what I use to hire all my hitmen.