Useful Apps thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Useful Apps thread

Post by tlombard »

I still want to see a navigation app where the voice gets mad, curses you out and then shuts off and refuses to help for the rest of the trip after you make three wrong turns. It would just go off about how you clearly know better than it does, etc. before shutting down or just pouting the rest of the way.

I really have no idea why. I just think it would be funny to see somebody's reaction which is why it really makes no sense because I would never be in the car with them to see it.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Cisco's Spark is good for sharing docs/discussions within a group and it's free. Presence can turn any iPad/iPhone into a surveillance device and it's free. What's App is a great app for avoiding any charges for texts while traveling internationally.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

tlombard wrote:I still want to see a navigation app where the voice gets mad, curses you out and then shuts off and refuses to help for the rest of the trip after you make three wrong turns. It would just go off about how you clearly know better than it does, etc. before shutting down or just pouting the rest of the way.

I really have no idea why. I just think it would be funny to see somebody's reaction which is why it really makes no sense because I would never be in the car with them to see it.
I don't need an ap for that....

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

wart57 wrote:
tlombard wrote:I still want to see a navigation app where the voice gets mad, curses you out and then shuts off and refuses to help for the rest of the trip after you make three wrong turns. It would just go off about how you clearly know better than it does, etc. before shutting down or just pouting the rest of the way.

But what do you do when your wife isn't with you?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I use weatherunderground rather than the weather app that comes with my android.
Garmin Connect so I can peak in on my running data remotely(though since my garmin watch version doesn't Bluetooth sync this app is underused as of now)

I usually just google or surf my way on the phone for other utilities-rather than using a special app for other things I care about-like beer food music, sports scores

Flashlight app. Of course. My bro had elevation app that was fun to have around on trips in CA and CO this year -Sacremento is about zero elevation...who knew?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I just got Target's app since they get a chunk of my earnings. Smoothie King because my daughter is an addict.

Not a fan of these store apps though.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The only store app I've ever really cared for is Home Depot. I don't know why but I felt like such a manly man when somebody said they're going to Home Depot and I could tell them exactly what aisle to go to. I haven't used it in years but they were really impressed. I never told them I was using an app.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
wart57 wrote:

I still hear her voice in my head....and I don't get lost.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

wart57 wrote:
redbirdjazzz wrote:
wart57 wrote:

I still hear her voice in my head....and I don't get lost.
Holy blast from the past, Wartman!

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

PodcastAddict for podcasts. I used to be a DoggCatcher fan but they've not updated it in two years or so.