the lottery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

the lottery

Post by go birds »

who here plays? i dont ever, but since the powerball is up to $700 mil, i figure why the hell not.

whats the first thing you'd do with $700 mil, after you quit your job?

i'd hop a plane to colorado and buy a nice cabin in the mountains. literally the first thing i would do

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: the lottery

Post by Radbird »

You'd buy the plane first, wouldn't you?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

heck no--i dont need that kind of responsibility. id buy all of first class on the plane i was riding on tho--so i can stretch my legs out

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

My wife will pu a few ticket and we'll start to have a silly tiff about how we'd use it-and then laugh it off.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Buy a house in New Orleans. Only tell my family I live there now after about two years.

Basically just find somewhere that snow in the winter is an exception to the rule.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

2 million to each of our siblings with the understanding they not come back for more if they foolishly blow it; retire & travel; several hefty charitable donations.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Just FYI - written by my bro

Kansas is 5th state where lottery prizes may have been fixed
The former security chief for a national group that operates state lotteries personally bought two prize-winning tickets in Kansas worth $44,000, investigators said Monday, bringing to five the number of states where he may have fixed games to enrich himself and associates.
Prosecutors believe that Tipton, 52, used his access to the machines to surreptitiously install software programs that let him know the winning numbers in advance before disappearing without a trace. They say he worked with associates such as his brother Tommy Tipton — a Texas judge — and Texas businessman Robert Rhodes to play those numbers and collect prizes dating back to 2005.

Earlier this year, a jury convicted Tipton of fraud for fixing a $16.5 million Hot Lotto jackpot dating back to 2010. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison but is free while he appeals.

After fixing the winning combination, Tipton went to a gas station near the lottery association to buy those numbers and then passed the winning ticket to Rhodes, who unsuccessfully tried to collect the prize with associates, prosecutors say. Rhodes is fighting extradition back to Iowa to face charges in the case.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

The first thing I'd do? Really real thing involving money?

Quit my job and then move. Anywhere away from the east coast.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

"Bobby Martin had already stuffed his pockets full of stones, and the other boys soon followed his
example, selecting the smoothest and roundest stones; Bobby and Harry Jones and Dickie Delacroix-- the villagers pronounced this name "Dellacroy"--eventually made a great pile of stones in one corner of the square and guarded it against the raids of the other boys."

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Literally the first thing I would do is panic the [expletive] out and hire a team of like 1000 security guards to protect me until I could safely deposit the funds in about 15,000 different banks.