the lottery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Myles
Everyday Player

Re: the lottery

Post by Myles »

Maclowery wrote:What could you do to them?
A guy with hundreds of million dollars in a small town would have all the connections needed to scare people. Also, after making the living situation so much better for all townspeople, they would feel peer pressure to honor me. :D

Local school needs a new swimming pool. Me to the rescue. Old historic building is falling apart. Me to the rescue. Basketball rims at the park are bent an unusable. Me to the rescue. Beloved local store has a parking lot that is a pot hole heaven. Me to the rescue.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Kinda like a dictatorship, but totally chill.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I'd take over everyone's mortgages to, you know, help them out. Then a year in to my plan I'd kick everyone out and burn down all the houses. I'd dance on the ashes while laughing uncontrollably.

That's what I'd do if I won the lotto and moved to a small town.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Michael wrote:I'd take over everyone's mortgages to, you know, help them out. Then a year in to my plan I'd kick everyone out and burn down all the houses. I'd dance on the ashes while laughing uncontrollably.

That's what I'd do if I won the lotto and moved to a small town.
I've been waiting for the Road House sequel for years.

Myles
Everyday Player

Post by Myles »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Kinda like a dictatorship, but totally chill.
Well, I would really want to give money to help people. But I would also like to have direct input into what it is used for. If I was donating $20,000 to the cities Parks and Rec department, I might say - "Here is $20,000, but I expect the playground equipment to be upgraded as part of the spend".

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Myles wrote:
Well, I would really want to give money to help people. But I would also like to have direct input into what it is used for. If I was donating $20,000 to the cities Parks and Rec department, I might say - "Here is $20,000, but I expect the playground equipment to be upgraded as part of the spend".
I'd demand my name and photo be added as a dedication to everything I help. Parks, streets, medical centers, malls, parking lots, jungle gyms, community centers, gazebos, public bike racks, etc. Anything and everything. I'd also erect some billboard advertisements for good measure. Nothing short of a north korea style takeover will do.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Myles wrote: A guy with hundreds of million dollars in a small town would have all the connections needed to scare people.

Myles
Everyday Player

Post by Myles »

Michael wrote:
Myles wrote:
I'd demand my name and photo be added as a dedication to everywhere I help. Parks, streets, medical centers, malls, parking lots, jungle gyms, community centers, gazebos, public bike racks, etc. Anything and everything. I'd also erect some billboard advertisements for good measure. Nothing short of a north korea style takeover will do.
Nope. Not me. I'd rely on word of mouth for my recognition.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Modesty is for poor people.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Myles wrote: