the lottery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: the lottery

Post by lukethedrifter »

Michael wrote:
Myles wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Kinda like a dictatorship, but totally chill.
Well, I would really want to give money to help people. But I would also like to have direct input into what it is used for. If I was donating $20,000 to the cities Parks and Rec department, I might say - "Here is $20,000, but I expect the playground equipment to be upgraded as part of the spend".
I'd demand my name and photo be added as a dedication to everywhere I help. Parks, streets, medical centers, malls, parking lots, jungle gyms, community centers, gazebos, public bike racks, etc. Anything and everything. I'd also erect some billboard advertisements for good measure. Nothing short of a north korea style takeover will do.
Are you The Donald?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Myles wrote:
Well, I would really want to give money to help people. But I would also like to have direct input into what it is used for. If I was donating $20,000 to the cities Parks and Rec department, I might say - "Here is $20,000, but I expect the playground equipment to be upgraded as part of the spend".
I'd just buy new playground equipment as a gift to your local Parks department, then, if your concern is largely new playground equipment.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

In my small town I own, I'll make sure the school kids are taught about the value of hard work and pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. If you want to be a successful American like me Trump, Kroenke, and me...you got to work it at you pissants.

Would have to hire a few GRbers to run the place-a fire chief, a lawyer to keep it a nip-free zone, a nuclear scientist just because, a few bartenders (the highest paid employees in the city) and a few people to feed the stray cats.
Last edited by Freed Roger on January 12 16, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

We'd invest most of it, donate to local charities we care about (food pantry, shelter for troubled teens, safe house for pregnant mothers at risk), take care of certain family members, then disappear to the south of France before the rest of them can find us.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

There's a wall around this town, right? Can't have any freeloaders moving in.

Myles
Everyday Player

Post by Myles »

33anda3rd wrote:
Myles wrote:
I'd just buy new playground equipment as a gift to your local Parks department, then, if your concern is largely new playground equipment.
My thinking would be that I would like to buy them new playground equipment, but I would also understand that they have other needs I may not be aware of.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I wonder how much it would take to get Pete Kozma to follow me around wearing a Jester costume and say "good one boss" to everything terrible joke I make?

Myles
Everyday Player

Post by Myles »

IMADreamer wrote:I wonder how much it would take to get Pete Kozma to follow me around wearing a Jester costume and say "good one boss" to everything terrible joke I make?
That would be a commendable use of $50,000.

I think I would, at times, go into a bar and offer $1000 to 2 drunk fat guys. Whoever ran around the block first.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

So not all of your ideas are bad.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Don't play