Books!

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Books!

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

So I did a very cursory headline scan. Apparently he spills the beans, no 'tea' would be better here, on the Royal Family and it's the fastest selling nonfiction in the UK ever. A true riches to riches story.

Step II: Marry a beautiful actress who wouldn't get anywhere near you if you weren't from the most powerful family in the world

I'm interested in someone in his position writing a book. But not the least bit interested in the book. Too bad that Suits woman isn't a Kardashian.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I'm reading Chuck Klosterman's book on the 90s now. It's pretty great. Also pretty funny when he has to write about hip hop, like Biggie v. Tupac, because the chapter is like 3 pages long and it's very clear it's not a subject he knows anything about.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Prince harry is kooder whipped. Sad for a man his age to be in that state.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Re: Children of Time. I’ve given up on the last two sci fi books I started and I’ve been interested in finding one. I was happy to see a suggestion.

So I went to Powell’s City of Books (something everyone should do, it’s a special place). But that book is oddly shaped, which is hard for me to get over. Worse though, there was an inch and a half margin on top and bottom, so there was no need for it to be an odd duck. I’ll e-read it later.

Because I wanted a physical book, I took home Name of the Wind. I’m sure some folks here have read it. It’s really highly regarded. Fun so far. I’ve also been interested in fantasy.