The unpopular opinion thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: The unpopular opinion thread

Post by wart57 »

Michael wrote:Monty Python is overrated.
If I ever see you in person, this is what i will do to you...

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:Star Wars series, as a whole... is dumb.
You are high..

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I don't like that craft beers have shifted quality imported beers off the shelves. Even in larger beer stores, you may have one small rack of Belgian beers, so that they can make room for entire aisles full of forgettable IPA's with funny names.

I really like beer. I dislike the current craft beer culture.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Popeye_Card wrote:I don't like that craft beers have shifted quality imported beers off the shelves. Even in larger beer stores, you may have one small rack of Belgian beers, so that they can make room for entire aisles full of forgettable IPA's with funny names.

In Portland the beer culture is literally unsustainable.

https://www.wweek.com/bars/2018/04/17/a ... me-things/

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Popeye_Card wrote:Even in larger beer stores, you may have one small rack of Belgian beers, so that they can make room for entire aisles full of forgettable IPA's with funny names.
It's seriously just [expletive] mass produced beer (of which I am a loyal drinker) and nonsensically-named IPA's with dumb packaging at this point.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Popeye_Card wrote:I don't like that craft beers have shifted quality imported beers off the shelves. Even in larger beer stores, you may have one small rack of Belgian beers, so that they can make room for entire aisles full of forgettable IPA's with funny names.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

thrill wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:Even in larger beer stores, you may have one small rack of Belgian beers, so that they can make room for entire aisles full of forgettable IPA's with funny names.
It's seriously just [expletive] mass produced beer (of which I am a loyal drinker) and nonsensically-named IPA's with dumb packaging at this point.
They also have a bunch of imperial stouts. And sours so those guys who can say that they LOOOOOOVE sours, when no one in their right mind likes drinking that [expletive] for enjoyment.

We have a bar in my town that used to have a pretty good selection of about 40 beers on tap, with fairly good variety. Now you can choose between about 20 IPA's, 8 imperial stouts, 5 sours, the current seasonal from Great Lakes, and PBR. Woo hoo.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Big beer controls the shelves, and a fair amount of taps, you know.
Last edited by Freed Roger on January 31 19, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

To be fair though, IPAin in the Ass from 1Direction4EVA Brewing is deliciously hoppy with a crisp bite and a smooth finish.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Freed Roger wrote:

Big beer controls the shelves, you know.
I find that there are two options. Either the major breweries dominate the shelves (which yes, will sometimes include all of the various InBev brands from around the world) along with a spattering of Sam Adams and New Belgium, or it is just craft beers because they are pushing back against the big boys. I like stuff from all around the world. There are literally hundreds of beer styles. Why are there so many [expletive] IPA's?