Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
January 3 21, 11:23 pm
Haven't paid much attention to the vaccine rollout but did see they were 1. having issues and 2. looking at halving the dose to be able to double the amount. Don't have much of a comment on that.

Mrs. AW is back to full time caring for covid patients of which there are a lot in our neck of the woods right now. They're not having issues keeping the hospital fully staffed, but it is definitely straining them. Mrs. AW is back to working nights one/two weeks a month. They're pulling staff from wherever they can find them. Arkansas has the most amount of hospitalizations due to covid they've yet seen.

Both my parents tested positive this week and seem to be doing alright. Looking at my immediate family including in-laws (parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews) 13 of the 20 have/have had it. There was a situation where my wifes dad/step mom travelled for thanksgiving to their son's (my bil) house. The sons wife's mom (no idea what that makes her to me) was a non-believer in covid and came over for thanksgiving coughing up a storm not wearing a mask. My fil was like, uh, yo. We came here to visit, have no hotel room, and the son's MIL is spreading covid all over. Turns out, everyone got it. But, the MIL never did get tested. So, she has officially never had it. What an idiot.
This is so maddening to read, even as a total outsider/stranger. UGH

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

GeddyWrox wrote:
January 4 21, 9:26 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Haven't paid much attention to the vaccine rollout but did see they were 1. having issues and 2. looking at halving the dose to be able to double the amount. Don't have much of a comment on that.

Mrs. AW is back to full time caring for covid patients of which there are a lot in our neck of the woods right now. They're not having issues keeping the hospital fully staffed, but it is definitely straining them. Mrs. AW is back to working nights one/two weeks a month. They're pulling staff from wherever they can find them. Arkansas has the most amount of hospitalizations due to covid they've yet seen.

Both my parents tested positive this week and seem to be doing alright. Looking at my immediate family including in-laws (parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews) 13 of the 20 have/have had it. There was a situation where my wifes dad/step mom travelled for thanksgiving to their son's (my bil) house. The sons wife's mom (no idea what that makes her to me) was a non-believer in covid and came over for thanksgiving coughing up a storm not wearing a mask. My fil was like, uh, yo. We came here to visit, have no hotel room, and the son's MIL is spreading covid all over. Turns out, everyone got it. But, the MIL never did get tested. So, she has officially never had it. What an idiot.
It's obviously maddening, but also good insight into why this thing is spreading so much. No doubt there are many people like this old hag who just refuse to acknowledge what's going on, get sick, think nothing of it, and continue about their business leaving trails of infections in their path. The only person who didn't get it that was there was my MIL who had already had it (counselor, got it at school)...so, there's that bit of good news?

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Does this idiot get invited back next year?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

GeddyWrox wrote:
January 4 21, 9:26 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

I'm currently creating a completely made up, probably totally inaccurate image of this woman in my head just so I can envision myself punching her in the face.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

My question is why in the hell did anyone stick around?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

over 300k cases today

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

So are we going to reach “herd immunity” through cases or the vaccine first?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

cardinalkarp wrote:
January 4 21, 6:40 pm
My question is why in the hell did anyone stick around?
Good question. Asked my fil and this was the gist of it. Fil and mil drove 8 hours to the bil and fam house. Old hag was at the house for thanksgiving already when they got there. Her Cough wasn’t like an emphysema really sick cough. Just there like a constant cough... he said it was a frog in boiling water type situation where the jump out of the pan was an 8 hour drive home immediately following an 8 hour drive there.

There’s more nuance when getting into relationships and what not but it really doesn’t matter. The intelligence of my bil in laws is balanced out on the other side I reckon

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

cardsfantx wrote:
January 8 21, 7:40 pm
So are we going to reach “herd immunity” through cases or the vaccine first?
Good question. Vaccine seems like it’s a horse running a race that’ll be done late 2021 and natural infections are an invisible horse perhaps somewhere near the vaccine horse.