Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm sorry FB. GDI

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Sorry to hear, FB. Wishing you and your family the best as you go through this difficult time.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Sorry to hear that FB.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Please accept my condolences, Fat_Bulldog. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I hate this news. Sorry man.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Crap. Really sorry to hear that. My best to your family.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Thanks all.

We had a service and burial Monday.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

"Medium" COVID. Interesting article.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... d-symptoms
Waves of fatigue. The inability to smell milk that has gone bad. A racing heartbeat. These are just a few COVID-19 symptoms that can linger after an initial coronavirus infection. Though they may not always amount to the debilitating cases of long COVID-19 that can leave people bedridden or unable to perform daily functions, it's very common to take weeks to fully recover — a condition I've been thinking of as "medium COVID."

I've been reporting on COVID-19 since the coronavirus pandemic started, and I thought I knew what an infection would be like for a young, otherwise healthy person like me. I knew there was a risk for long COVID-19, even with mild cases, but in my mind, there were two types of COVID-19: run-of-the-mill cases that didn't last much longer than their isolation periods required, and long COVID-19, which was relatively rare.

Instead, like so many Americans, I found myself caught somewhere in between.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Just a heads up for all those who don't have immunity from previous infection or vaccination:
Omicron subvariant BA.2 will soon dominate in the U.S. Here's what you need to know about it.

An Omicron subvariant known as BA.2 is expected to become dominant in the U.S. in the coming weeks.

BA.2 is at least 30% more transmissible than its cousin BA.1, and it has been driving new COVID-19 surges in the United Kingdom and other European countries. According to a World Health Organization report, the highly contagious subvariant is dominating cases worldwide, and accounted for about 86% of cases reported to the WHO between Feb. 16 and March 17. In Hong Kong, BA.2 recently brought on a deadly outbreak reminiscent of the early days of the pandemic. Across the European Union, new daily cases are up more than 70% since the beginning of March. Hospitalizations in the U.K. have been going up as well.

So far, in the United States, BA.2 accounts for 35% of new coronavirus cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. U.S. health officials expect the strain to outcompete the other variants and to become dominant soon. However, there are some reassuring signs that BA.2 might not hit the United States as hard as Europe, and health experts in the U.S. don’t foresee a major surge in cases from the Omicron subvariant.

While BA.2 appears to be more transmissible than BA.1 and is gaining ground in the U.S., it has not interrupted the country’s downward trend in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. “So right now in the United States, case rates are still falling, despite an increased predominance of BA.2 compared to BA.1,” said Dr. Lucy McBride, a Yahoo News medical contributor. “Because of widespread vaccinations and because people do have some immunity from past infections … we are seeing fewer deaths, hospitalizations, and overall we're doing much better than we were even a month ago.”

https://news.yahoo.com/omicron-subvaria ... 15011.html

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

While BA.2 appears to be more transmissible than BA.1 and is gaining ground in the U.S., it has not interrupted the country’s downward trend in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. “So right now in the United States, case rates are still falling, despite an increased predominance of BA.2 compared to BA.1,” said Dr. Lucy McBride, a Yahoo News medical contributor. “Because of widespread vaccinations and because people do have some immunity from past infections … we are seeing fewer deaths, hospitalizations, and overall we're doing much better than we were even a month ago.”
Add in the fact that no one is tracking anything anymore and whaddya know, COVID doesn’t even look like it’s a thing anymore!

Who knew they would pull a page from the ol’ Trump playbook, stop looking for COVID and there won’t be any COVID!!