Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

vinsanity wrote:
July 15 22, 5:17 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 15 22, 3:51 pm
vinsanity wrote:
July 15 22, 3:06 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 15 22, 1:58 pm
Regarding the point about a delay in calls, I think you misunderstood my point which was that it is certainly possible that the uptick in ems calls shown in figures 1 and 2 could have been caused by a delayed onset in cardiovascular issues caused by the virus.
What figures are you referring to? I'm seeing one graph in those two links.
cardinalkarp wrote:
July 14 22, 4:50 pm
Here is the nature study if anyone is interested.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-10928-z
Ah thanks. I thought you were referring to the other two articles so now the exaggeration comment makes sense. Sorry for missing that.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 15 22, 1:58 pm
You have a point that vaccine trials which were presumably well controlled and undoubtedly well designed are a different beast than a review of publicly available data. No doubt. At the same time, most people including the WHO accept there is a relationship between vaccines and myocarditis. What is that relationship? What are the numbers? What are they for 1-10 year olds, 11-20 year olds, 21-30 year olds, etc. I agree overall the vaccine with side effects is safer than covid. I don't necessarily agree that's the case for the entirety of the population, however.

If that's spreading baseless doubt, then so be it. Like I said, I haven't paid much attention the past 6 months or so.

My apologies, I read it more as vaccine skepticism and that's on me. I've grown tired of it since the Roe decision and baseless comparisons and it can be difficult to read tone. I should have been more careful and for that I apologize.

The questions raise are important and need to be researched because there isn't a single solution and we should research to identify the best we can for everyone. Well put and again, that's on me for not understanding what you had originally meant.
We try to keep it civil around here 😉

On a personal note, little AW woke up sick, fever, headache, upset stomach this am.

He never did get the vax. I’ve heard ba5 variant is as transmissible as measles. R0 around 18. He’s been going to camp all summer, and they went to multiple public places this past week. Couple water parks and a trampoline park. So, not surprising. Tested him this am with an at home test, and for the first time in his life if you squint real hard and shine a light directly on the test and are in the sunlight there’s a positive line.

He’s in the house but just all about. Littlest AW has no symptoms yet but slept in the same bed as him last night. And two nights ago.

We leave for the Bahamas in two weeks and a day. The kids need a negative test in two weeks to get into the country. Thinking pretty seriously about just having the kids share a straw of a milkshake tonight. That would give littlest AW 8 days to clear the virus if it takes 5 to incubate.

It’s weird. 2 years ago, I’d have been upset, scared even. Now it’s not a question of if they’ll be exposed, but trying to balance too much exposure with a guarantee she clears it in time to go on a trip.

Part of that is selfish as it would be a pita to drive her to Stl to stay with my parents if she couldn’t go. But also, she wants to go. So it’s in her best interest as well.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 15 22, 7:08 pm
We leave for the Bahamas in two weeks and a day. The kids need a negative test in two weeks to get into the country. Thinking pretty seriously about just having the kids share a straw of a milkshake tonight. That would give littlest AW 8 days to clear the virus if it takes 5 to incubate.

It’s weird. 2 years ago, I’d have been upset, scared even. Now it’s not a question of if they’ll be exposed, but trying to balance too much exposure with a guarantee she clears it in time to go on a trip.

Part of that is selfish as it would be a pita to drive her to Stl to stay with my parents if she couldn’t go. But also, she wants to go. So it’s in her best interest as well.
That's definitely a rough spot, hope it works out.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Omfg I feel like I got hit by the hammer of Thor in my chest. [expletive] me.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 16 22, 8:39 am
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Take care bro.

Is this your first bout w/ COVID?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

cardinalkarp wrote:
July 16 22, 10:05 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
July 16 22, 8:39 am
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Take care bro.

Is this your first bout w/ COVID?
I still didn’t test positive.

Woke up feeling like [expletive]. Went back to bed. Woke up still feeling bad. Ran a couple miles (walked a lot) in 100+ degree heat. Took a bunch of nac and quercetin. Took a cold shower. Drank a lot of water.

Took a nap. Woke up feeling better. Tested negative. Started pounding whiskey. Feel great now 😂

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Little AW is struggling though. Didn’t get off the couch all day. Didn’t eat much. We forced water down his throat but he puked most of it back up.

Ate a small amount of food tonight and kept that down. Fingers crossed that was the worst of it.

Feel bad for him. And if I’m being honest, never thought he’d get this sick.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

It seems like just about everyone in my family and at work is sick currently, but nobody is testing positive. Is there anything about BA5 being harder to detect?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

TGantz wrote:
July 17 22, 6:39 am
It seems like just about everyone in my family and at work is sick currently, but nobody is testing positive. Is there anything about BA5 being harder to detect?
My wife and I both tested clearly positive with our home tests this week.

Crazy fever, congestion, headache, exhaustion for about 3 days each. Not recommended. I also lost taste for 2 days, afterward. That was weird.

My son-in-law tested positive last week. He had a day and a half of body aches, and was good as new. Of course, he's much younger than me.

My daughter had the worst nausea of her life for about 3 days......but that's it.

Our two year old grandson had a runny nose for 3 days.

So..... yeah, Covid seems to be everywhere, and seems to attack us all differently right now. That's my bubble experience, anyway.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Little update. Because little AW was pretty sick saturday night, and because I thought I had dodged the bullet again, I slept in his room. Turns out that was a mistake.

Felt a little funky monday night but didn't think much of it. Woke up Tuesday morning feeling worse. Figured I'd stay home and try to still get a little work done. That didn't work out. By the time my laptop got here, about 30 minutes later, I was back in bed and didn't get out except to take showers/baths throughout the day. Couldn't really function. I was in so much pain, I couldn't sleep. Would wake up every 20 minutes or so either hot, or cold, or hurting or something. And, that was how I existed for the next 18 hours or so. Just 20 minutes of sleep, 10 minutes of readjusting. Rinse wash repeat.

I felt so bad I couldn't even watch movies couldn't meditate couldn't listen to audio books. Just laid there in misery. Headache, body aches, sore throat, chills, etc.

Wednesday was a bit better. Took a few naps but was able to at least keep up with emails.

Thursday only took one nap and got some stuff done. Ran a couple miles. But, was in bed by 8.

Finally a little better today.

I can handle physical pain pretty well but am a complete baby when it comes to illnesses. So, take this fwiw when I say it was easily one of the top 3 worst bugs I've ever gotten. Right behind the flu as a kid when I'd hallucinate and migraines before I had medicine to cope...and even then, given the duration, it's probably up there with migraines. [expletive] miserable.

Ready to drink a bunch of booze tomorrow and get out on the lake.

Also, don't know if other people use this, but desire to have a beer is probably my gauge of 'am I sick?' If the answer is no, somethings probably wrong.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

So... did you have COVID, or something else?