Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sighyoung »

I definitely remember all the illnesses both my children brought home when they were young. I don't envy those raising young children during a pandemic.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

heyzeus wrote:
January 10 23, 1:07 pm
mikechamp wrote:
January 10 23, 12:54 pm
@heyzeus & @TGantz: I'm glad your families both got through croup ok.

About 20 years back, we had a neighbor who lost their oldest daughter to croup. I think she was 6 or 7 at the time.
Well now that's terrifying, and I'm glad I didn't know that when Zeus Jr. Jr. was still sick. It's a pretty nasty respiratory virus.
Good Lord do I agree. I would have been an absolute wreck if I knew that. Most people down played it when we said it was croup so I settled down a little.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Finally got me. COVID positive this morning. Headache, fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, muscle aches but all fairly mild so far. Triage nurse is calling shortly to discuss therapeutics. 2 weeks from today is our scheduled departure for Prague - I’m moving upstairs to isolate from Mrs. Rad - with her immunocompromised status the trip could be in serious jeopardy if she gets it. UGH.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Oh geez! Rest up, Rad!! And if you do have to venture into the same area of the house, mask up! Hoping Prague isn't cancelled!!!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Hope you get to feeling better @Radbird and get to Prague. On the bright side, better to get it now and get it out of the way before your trip.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Sending vibes of health and safety to Mr. and Mrs. Rad. May your case be mild and your recovery quick.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Here's to a quick recovery for you Rad!

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Hoping it's a mild case and that Mrs. Rad doesn't get it, and that you both can enjoy Prague.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Feel better Rad! I was in a similar position when I got Covid last May, I tested positive 4 days before my wife was supposed to take her mom to Hawaii. Through isolation we kept her negative, so don't feel like Mrs. Rad coming down with it is inevitable. Fingers crossed for quick recovery, the new therapeutics are supposed to be great.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Radbird wrote:
January 25 23, 8:05 am
Finally got me. COVID positive this morning. Headache, fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, muscle aches but all fairly mild so far. Triage nurse is calling shortly to discuss therapeutics. 2 weeks from today is our scheduled departure for Prague - I’m moving upstairs to isolate from Mrs. Rad - with her immunocompromised status the trip could be in serious jeopardy if she gets it. UGH.
Take care, amigo. When I had covid, I isolated from the fam and wore a mask when I had to head out into the rest of the house. It felt weird, but it worked - no one else came down with it from my case. Rest up. Time to go watch the entire run of The Wire on streaming.