Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Freed Roger »

anecdotal for Stl Area - people i know or hear from on social media chatter that have gotten vaccine shots thru some protocol are health care, and in nursing homes.

Everybody else has been thru channels where they know someone who is aware of extra availability out of the region. I can't think of anyone that has gotten it by joining a list and waiting.

I am on 3 lists- the county state and thru united health care.

FWIW, my school district teachers slated for tomorrow.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

We’re in the next eligible group here and our places don’t seem to have long waits so I’m just waiting for the announcement, which could be this Wednesday.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Got the first Moderna shot today. Have the feeling that someone punched me in my upper arm. Same thing my wife had after her second shot.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I know I've talked about this before but I'm still having symptoms now three months after testing positive. It's strange I will have days were I feel great, and days were I feel awful. Today was a rough day. I ended up calling the doctor and he wanted me to come in. Fever was up to about 101, cough was terrible. I got an xray and I have pneumonia now. My chest hurts like hell. I just thought it was the coughing that was doing it but I guess not. What's strange is I felt great yesterday. My doctor is setting up an appointment with a cardiologist because he wants to see what shape my heart is in. Fatigue has been a huge issue and now I'm out of breath a lot. We are concerned there may be lung or heart damage.

I can't stress this enough, please continue masking up, using good hygiene, and social distancing. You do not want this. I see so many people relaxing a bit now, and I know we are all fatigued from this last year but covid is no joke. I'm a week or so away from planting season and if I have more days like today I don't know how I can do it. It's scary.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

IMADreamer wrote:
March 16 21, 10:14 pm
I know I've talked about this before but I'm still having symptoms now three months after testing positive. It's strange I will have days were I feel great, and days were I feel awful. Today was a rough day. I ended up calling the doctor and he wanted me to come in. Fever was up to about 101, cough was terrible. I got an xray and I have pneumonia now. My chest hurts like hell. I just thought it was the coughing that was doing it but I guess not. What's strange is I felt great yesterday. My doctor is setting up an appointment with a cardiologist because he wants to see what shape my heart is in. Fatigue has been a huge issue and now I'm out of breath a lot. We are concerned there may be lung or heart damage.

I can't stress this enough, please continue masking up, using good hygiene, and social distancing. You do not want this. I see so many people relaxing a bit now, and I know we are all fatigued from this last year but covid is no joke. I'm a week or so away from planting season and if I have more days like today I don't know how I can do it. It's scary.
Jesus, IMA, I hope you're back to normal soon!! UGH!!

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Damn IMA, very sorry to hear that.

Freed, I put my name on Mercy's list in February and got an email to schedule a time the next day. However, I am the only person I know of that has been this lucky.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

got my vac appt for next tuesday. may even be the J&J single shot

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

This is going to shock you guys. Florida is not doing a great job of distributing the vaccine.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Damn, Ima. Sorry to hear. Hope you get over the pneumonia [expletive] soon. On a hopeful note, I've seen some stories about the vaccine curing long haulers of their persistent symptoms.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Mrs. AW just tested positive. Symptoms (cough, loss of taste) started yesterday which means she was probably exposed somewhere around Friday, same day I got my first vaccine dose. We shared some bodily fluids over the weekend so I guess we'll see how much protection, and how quickly, you can get from the first dose of a vaccine.