2020: The Year of Star Trek

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image

‘Star Trek’ fans, 2020 is going to be the best year ever
Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Discovery, Short Treks, and more are headed to CBS All Access in 2020.

It’s a good time to be a Star Trek fan. The universe is expanding at an almost unfathomable pace and 2020 may be the best year yet. For a show that involves ships that travel at warp speed, species of all shapes and sizes, and tribbles, oh the tribbles, watching the cast and creatives of this massive enterprise come together typically result in more tears than screams.

You can now watch the Star Trek: Picard premiere for free
The first episode of Star Trek: Picard is beaming up (for free) on YouTube.

CBS All Access has made the latest Star Trek iteration’s premiere episode available on the digital streaming platform, giving fans complimentary access to 79-year-old series actor Patrick Stewart’s return as the titular (now retired) Starfleet admiral.

The episode will stream on YouTube for a limited time only, with subsequent episodes premiering Thursdays on the CBS All Access subscription network.

Stewart recently told EW he wasn’t initially game for reprising the role of Picard, who, in the new project, enjoys his retirement on a quiet vineyard at the end of the 24th Century, until a mysterious young woman, Dahj (Isa Briones) pulls him into a new quest.

“I’m very proud of the work we did on Next Generation — most of our work — but I felt I had said and done everything I could about Jean-Luc Picard and didn’t see any point,” he said, while Kurtzman added: “That’s when he understood we were dedicated to exploring a new chapter in a way that hadn’t been done before.”

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

Star Trek Picard is my [expletive] [expletive]

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 23737
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by Leroy »

I could barely watch Generations without puking thanks to Captain Bald.

Don't think 2020 is the year for me.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

Leroy wrote:I could barely watch Generations without puking thanks to Captain Bald.

Don't think 2020 is the year for me.
That's your misfortune.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

This would be quite an investment of time if you haven't been keeping up over the last 50 years or so.

How to watch Star Trek in order, including Picard
  • Star Trek: Enterprise (seasons 1-4)
    ‘The Cage’
    Star Trek: Discovery (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: The Original Series (seasons 1-3)
    Star Trek: The Animated Series
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
    Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home
    Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier
    Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country
    Star Trek: Generations (opening sequence)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (seasons 1-5)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (seasons 6-7), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: Generations
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 3-4), Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: First Contact
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 5-6), Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 3-4)
    Star Trek: Insurrection
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (season 7), Star Trek: Voyager (season 5)
    Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 6-7)
    Star Trek: Nemesis
    Star Trek (2009) – Prime timeline sequences
    Star Trek: Picard
    Star Trek: Discovery (season 3)

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25022
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:This would be quite an investment of time if you haven't been keeping up over the last 50 years or so.

How to watch Star Trek in order, including Picard
  • Star Trek: Enterprise (seasons 1-4)
    ‘The Cage’
    Star Trek: Discovery (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: The Original Series (seasons 1-3)
    Star Trek: The Animated Series
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
    Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home
    Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier
    Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country
    Star Trek: Generations (opening sequence)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (seasons 1-5)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (seasons 6-7), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: Generations
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 3-4), Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 1-2)
    Star Trek: First Contact
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 5-6), Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 3-4)
    Star Trek: Insurrection
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (season 7), Star Trek: Voyager (season 5)
    Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 6-7)
    Star Trek: Nemesis
    Star Trek (2009) – Prime timeline sequences
    Star Trek: Picard
    Star Trek: Discovery (season 3)
I have probably seen most of this list.

I missed the last season of Enterprise, and the last 3 seasons of Deep Space 9, but I have seen all the rest.

I wish they would do a new series based on Captain Pike and the Enterprise from Discovery, I would be all in on that.

I am waiting for the entire Picard series to run, then get another free month pass to CBS all access and binge the whole thing.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

You're a cheapskate wart.

But I get it.

There has been some talk about a potential Pike series. It could happen.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25022
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:You're a cheapskate wart.

But I get it.

There has been some talk about a potential Pike series. It could happen.
I got 4 daughters and a wife who does not work - I gotta be a cheapskate - food comes first.

I have heard the rumblings of the Pike series - Anson Mount was so damn good - I might actually pay for that one.

Also really interested to see what direction Discovery goes - I got a thing for Ensign Tilly.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24913
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:You're a cheapskate wart.

But I get it.

There has been some talk about a potential Pike series. It could happen.
I got 4 daughters and a wife who does not work - I gotta be a cheapskate - food comes first.

I have heard the rumblings of the Pike series - Anson Mount was so damn good - I might actually pay for that one.

Also really interested to see what direction Discovery goes - I got a thing for Ensign Tilly.

I know..that's why I said I get it.

Anson Mount was great and there was a lot of interest in seeing more of Rebecca Romijn's role as Number One; Ethan Peck as Spock got mixed reviews from some but I thought he was fine.

Tilly is okay but Georgiou is my mistress.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 34245
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: 2020: The Year of Star Trek

Post by sighyoung »

Leroy wrote:I could barely watch Generations without puking thanks to Captain Bald.

Don't think 2020 is the year for me.
With a name like Picard, you'd think he'd be halfway decent with a banjo.

Post Reply