Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Post by thrill »

Is Tom Paris the Jeffrey Epstein of hologram sex trafficking? If you think about how fine the line is between hologram consciousness, at what point does consent factor in? Is programming sexual compliance a form of rape?

These are the tough questions I will ask on my star trek youtube review show that jocephus will hopefully post every couple of pages to try to get the rest of you to watch.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

thrill wrote:
May 4 21, 1:39 pm
Is Tom Paris the Jeffrey Epstein of hologram sex trafficking? If you think about how fine the line is between hologram consciousness, at what point does consent factor in? Is programming sexual compliance a form of rape?

These are the tough questions I will ask on my star trek youtube review show that jocephus will hopefully post every couple of pages to try to get the rest of you to watch.
Last night I watched the episode Blood Fever, which takes the holodeck pimping to yet a new high. The random Vulcan engineer guy who showed up two episodes previous is so horny for Torres that the Doctor takes him to the holodeck and tries to get him to bang a holographic Vulcan. But that didn't work, so in the end he and Torres had to fight all the lust out of their systems by pummeling each other.

Meanwhile, poor Tom Paris has been heroically resisting Torres begging him to throw her a bone, finally offering her the D so that she won't die from a chemical imbalance of the brain, only to have random Vulcan guy who just walked onto the cast 2 episodes prior (or so it seems) show up at the last second and [expletive] block him.

Very weird episode of Trek that I'm not sure needed to be made. Although it does end with Chakotay finding a dead Borg in the bushes, so that was cool.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

Every Pon Farr episode in ST is written like a nerd getting to write about sex for the first time.

Wait til
[SHOW]
the tuvok one

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Bringing Back Enterprise
Some say “Enterprise” was simply “bad;” others say that it was inconsistent and a “missed opportunity.” Series executive producer Rick Berman chalked up Enterprise’s failure to “franchise fatigue.”

That being said, there is almost universal agreement that the series finale was done poorly. Fans of the show and those involved hated that last episode, which Season 4 showrunner, Manny Coto said was “a finale for the entire run of all their shows.” Coto was talking about producers Berman and Brannon Braga, who had been involved with Trek since “The Next Generation.”

But now, there is a movement from the fan level to fix some of the decisions made in “These Are the Voyages…” and ‘finish’ the show’s run. A new petition is gathering momentum among Trek fans. The aim of these dedicated “Enterprise” enthusiasts would be to get Paramount+ to film a fifth season of the show.

“I personally believe that ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ should get a fifth season, as well as a possible sixth and seventh, because of the massive hole in the story between 2155 and 2161,” says Matthew Lang of New York. Lang, who is just 17 years old, started the petition (which you can sign here) in the hopes of picking up where the old show left off.

“You have the Earth-Romulan war, the Enterprise’s refit, and other stuff that never ended up happening due to the cancelation in 2005,” says Lang. “With ‘Discovery’ entering its fourth season soon, ‘Strange New Worlds’ starting up in 2022, as well as a possible ‘Section 31’ series, it is obvious that CBS is putting more work into the prequel series’ more than they ever used to, and bringing back ‘Enterprise’ should be part of this new trend.”

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

[expletive] the haters. here's more RLM

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 11 21, 1:31 pm
Bringing Back Enterprise
Enterprise is good, there's hardly anything wrong with it. It slipped a bit downhill with Archer's characterization as a godlike figure in late S3-S4 but S1 and 2 were pretty good, and the stories in S3 and S4 were good as well. Enterprise's best is also possible on average better than the other series' bests. There is a tightness to the storytelling and core themes of their best episodes which are rather... meandering in TNG/DS9/VOY.

It would be nice to see the show again as a cold opener or something, tying into something that happened two hundred years later in another show, but I can't see them bringing it back after 15 years for a full series (and also making it work, especially with this creative team).

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

AdmiralKird wrote:
May 13 21, 6:06 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
Bringing Back Enterprise
Enterprise is good, there's hardly anything wrong with it. It slipped a bit downhill with Archer's characterization as a godlike figure in late S3-S4 but S1 and 2 were pretty good, and the stories in S3 and S4 were good as well. Enterprise's best is also possible on average better than the other series' bests. There is a tightness to the storytelling and core themes of their best episodes which are rather... meandering in TNG/DS9/VOY.

It would be nice to see the show again as a cold opener or something, tying into something that happened two hundred years later in another show, but I can't see them bringing it back after 15 years for a full series (and also making it work, especially with this creative team).
I don't care for the 9/11 revenge fantasy that is Season 3, but I like 1, 2, and 4 (minus the finale) a lot.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jocephus wrote:
May 12 21, 3:50 pm
[expletive] the haters. here's more RLM
ahahaha

Someday, like a year from now, I'm going to watch one of these and really enjoy it. The problem is just that I do 99% of my grb'ing at work.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

AdmiralKird wrote:
May 13 21, 6:06 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
Bringing Back Enterprise

I could see a straight to streaming feature film work. I honestly don't know why they don't do movie of the week type of content with all of the Star Trek actors; they could churn out two or three a year and people would go nuts.

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

A two hour special wouldn't work for CBS/Star Trek. Star Trek is made possible by amortizing the costs of the expensive ship sets over the course of 4+ seasons, and streaming keeps people dumping $15 a month for a service.

An expensive one-off special doesn't maintain streaming income nor save costs.