Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Post by G. Keenan »

Double Q!!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Near beer now this... who are you?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

Michael wrote:
April 19 21, 10:48 pm
I don't even know anymore. It's been a long pandemic . . .

I realized I dozed off and slept through a few episodes, including the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 9, so I'll have to go back and watch those. The Q vs Q episode was fun though. I always enjoyed the Q episodes on TNG.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
April 20 21, 10:12 am
Michael wrote:
April 19 21, 10:48 pm
I don't even know anymore. It's been a long pandemic . . .

I realized I dozed off and slept through a few episodes, including the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 9, so I'll have to go back and watch those. The Q vs Q episode was fun though. I always enjoyed the Q episodes on TNG.
Q has a few classic appearances on Voyager too; much more than his one and done on DS9. It's kind of funny how he could send them home on a whim if he wanted to.

The Q in an asteroid vs Q episode is one of the early really good Voyager episodes. And of course Riker gets to show up in another Trek series.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

G. Keenan wrote:
I realized I dozed off and slept through a few episodes, including the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 9, so I'll have to go back and watch those.
Essential viewing. The episode starts out very straight forward as Tom Paris' personal "The Right Stuff" and then just gets weirder and weirder. It [expletive] rules.
CardsofSTL wrote:
April 19 21, 2:40 pm

That episode was some decent Trek.
INCREDIBLE Trek. One of my favorite episodes. You can tell it was a passion project by the writer to explain away the hilarious similarities in aliens due to budgetary production limitations and gives it a scientific/evolutionary explanation. Just the perfect amount of t crossing and i dotting.

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

thrill wrote:
April 20 21, 10:28 am
G. Keenan wrote:
I realized I dozed off and slept through a few episodes, including the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 9, so I'll have to go back and watch those.
Essential viewing. The episode starts out very straight forward as Tom Paris' personal "The Right Stuff" and then just gets weirder and weirder. It [expletive] rules.
I think I'll get to it tonight, which just so happens to be 4/20. Everything's coming up Millhouse!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

thrill wrote:

INCREDIBLE Trek. One of my favorite episodes. You can tell it was a passion project by the writer to explain away the hilarious similarities in aliens due to budgetary production limitations and gives it a scientific/evolutionary explanation. Just the perfect amount of t crossing and i dotting.

Yes...I kind of like how Enterprise (I know you haven't watched it yet but I don't consider this much of a spoiler) did the same thing in their episode where they tried to explain why TOS Klingons looked different than Klingons in the movies and TNG era. It was a nice effort.

Speaking of which; after the Cardinals blow a lead there is nothing like a TNG episode to bring me back off the ledge. I'm off to the holodeck.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
April 20 21, 10:36 am
thrill wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
I think I'll get to it tonight, which just so happens to be 4/20. Everything's coming up Millhouse!
I hate that GD episode so much. You have to watch it.

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

So, Thresholds:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Boy did I not see this one coming. Based on your guys' comments I thought it would be one of those timeline or multi-dimensional episodes that has Tom jumping through time or inhabiting different, surreal versions of reality. Nope.

Turns out breaking Warp 10 converts Tom into either a primordial or super-evolved mudpuppy, I'm not sure which, (or maybe it's both at the same time?) driven to kidnap Janeway and procreate with her to seed an uninhabited planet with their mudpuppy babies. Presumably, if they'd scooped up those babies and bombarded them with anti-proton radiation it would convert them back to human babies, no? And when they wake up in bed the next morning, Tom is like "whoa that was crazy, I had a lot to drink and barely remember what happened, sorry if I forced myself on you." And Janeway is like, "sometimes it's the woman who does the forcing! Don't sweat it buddy."

Roll credits.