The All New Important Cookie Poll

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Pick your Cookie

No votes
25%
63%
No votes
13%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: The All New Important Cookie Poll

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I didn't votes because those are all not good. Of those lame choices, I'd go with the newtons. Only if they were the only things to eat without starving.

Samoas ftw.
Don't hate. I put lornadoones up there for you old timers
Dude.

Lorna Doones == :puke:

Now if you had these in your silly little poll, it would show you had refinement and taste:

I am sure they are as good now as they ever were. Go to Amazon and order a box or three!
Don't be snobbish. Never heard of those in my life; are they regional?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I didn't votes because those are all not good. Of those lame choices, I'd go with the newtons. Only if they were the only things to eat without starving.

Samoas ftw.
Dude.

Now if you had these in your silly little poll, it would show you had refinement and taste:

I am sure they are as good now as they ever were. Go to Amazon and order a box or three!
You may be wrong. Here's a recent review on Amazon:

A shadow of their former selves. Someone should go to food jail.
Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2019
Anyone who gives these CC cookies more than one star (1) never tasted them 50 years ago and (2) has never tasted a proper CC cookie. These cookies USED to be much bigger. And much softer: you could hold the edge and they would droop. You would sometimes get "doubles" ... 2 cookies stuck together. The current cookies are small, hard, dry, rancid tasting. When Entenmann's bought them, they changed the recipe and the quality dropped significantly. In fact, the Freihofer' CC cookies started tasting as bad as those little Entenmann's hockey pucks. Then Bimbo bought Entenmann's and that was the end of any hope for quality. This Mexico-based food giant is all about cutting costs. They have NO idea who Freddy is or what a good CC cookie tastes like. The Freihofer family is rolling in $$ and the original bakers are rolling in their graves. These cookies are a crime against humanity. I never thought I'd say this... I'll never buy these again. Even when they are Buy 1 Get 5 Free at Price Chopper. What a tragedy.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Smith Corks One wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

Samoas ftw.
Dude.

You may be wrong. Here's a recent review on Amazon:

A shadow of their former selves. Someone should go to food jail.
Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2019
Anyone who gives these CC cookies more than one star (1) never tasted them 50 years ago and (2) has never tasted a proper CC cookie. These cookies USED to be much bigger. And much softer: you could hold the edge and they would droop. You would sometimes get "doubles" ... 2 cookies stuck together. The current cookies are small, hard, dry, rancid tasting. When Entenmann's bought them, they changed the recipe and the quality dropped significantly. In fact, the Freihofer' CC cookies started tasting as bad as those little Entenmann's hockey pucks. Then Bimbo bought Entenmann's and that was the end of any hope for quality. This Mexico-based food giant is all about cutting costs. They have NO idea who Freddy is or what a good CC cookie tastes like. The Freihofer family is rolling in $$ and the original bakers are rolling in their graves. These cookies are a crime against humanity. I never thought I'd say this... I'll never buy these again. Even when they are Buy 1 Get 5 Free at Price Chopper. What a tragedy.
Whoops! Glad I didn't try to order any! Man my brother and I could go through a box of those in no time. Just like that reviewer described. My mom would be pissed. We were too stupid not to leave her some for her own craving.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

CardsofSTL wrote:but when you have to buy a name brand cookie from the store; what is your go to choice?
Joe Shlabotnik wrote: Go to Amazon and order a box or three!
Auto DQ imo. Forget that they're apparently poo poo now.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The Oreo is blowing away the competition!!!

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Oreos then Famous Amos.

Then, who cares.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

When we were kids we always got chips ahoy...maybe they were cheaper. But oreos are my favorite too.