The "sweetest" contest

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

The "sweetest" contest

Post by mikechamp »

Everybody sing along with me now: "I want candy... I want candy."
A candy maker is giving away a candy factory in a nationwide treasure hunt

A quirky candy maker has launched a nationwide treasure hunt, sending sugar mavens into a frenzy. They'll need to pay to play for the ultimate prize -- one of his candy factories.

Instead of Willy Wonka, participants get David Klein, one of the original inventors of Jelly Belly jelly beans who's since left the company. He's consigning a candy factory to whoever wins his treasure hunt.

The game goes like this: Participants pay $49.99 to enter the treasure hunt, which takes place in every state (though Klein said he's still working on planting the treasure in all 50 states). Only 1,000 tickets are sold per state, and everyone who buys a ticket is eligible to win Klein's factory. But only one player or family will find the golden ticket (actually a gold-colored dog tag) in each state, based on a riddle they receive. Whoever finds the dog tag wins $5,000.

The mysterious candy factory is the ultimate prize, and with it comes full ownership of the building and a candy-making course at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Klein said. Whoever claims the candy factory can create their own candy company, though Klein will offer his confectionary expertise if necessary.

https://www.kmov.com/news/a-candy-maker ... a155f.html

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: The "sweetest" contest

Post by heyzeus »