Things you plan to do when this is all over

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Things you plan to do when this is all over

Post by heyzeus »

Thanks, amigos. It's going to be nice just spending some time together again, and I believe I won't take that for granted again.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

That's great heyzeus! I've been seeing my folks quite a bit more recently. It's much more relaxing now that they are vaccinated. I'll be done in less than 2 weeks.

Weather permitting, I'm going to the Chicagoland Six Flags on May 7th. It would be the closest thing to a real vacation I've had in like 1.5 years. I'll admit, it's kind of lame, but I think I'll enjoy every second of it.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Awesome to hear, Zeus. Hope you all have a great visit.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I'm gonna go to the zoo next week.

Unless it keeps snowing.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Now that the kid is vaccinated, life took a step towards normalcy for us this past week. She came up for the weekend - hugs ensued, tears flowed. We drove down to Boston on Tuesday, went to a winery and then just hung out at her place. My mood has improved by a gazillion percent.

Next up is driving to PA to see my sister the first week of May for our first official road trip.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Radbird wrote:
April 22 21, 3:59 pm
Now that the kid is vaccinated, life took a step towards normalcy for us this past week. She came up for the weekend - hugs ensued, tears flowed. We drove down to Boston on Tuesday, went to a winery and then just hung out at her place. My mood has improved by a gazillion percent.

Next up is driving to PA to see my sister the first week of May for our first official road trip.
[expletive] yeah, homie.

mtcefc
Everyday Player

Post by mtcefc »

Fly over to St.Louis, perhaps via Colorado, get very, very drunk and eat far too much food and watch some baseball.

Not been since the last week in September 2019.

I just hope they re-open the Tigin bar at the Hampton Inn downtown as when I stay there I can get so drunk I don't have to worry about which way the traffic is coming from and can stumble upstairs to my room.

I can't see myself getting over there this year though.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

mtcefc wrote:
April 23 21, 4:51 am
Fly over to St.Louis, perhaps via Colorado, get very, very drunk and eat far too much food and watch some baseball.

Not been since the last week in September 2019.

I just hope they re-open the Tigin bar at the Hampton Inn downtown as when I stay there I can get so drunk I don't have to worry about which way the traffic is coming from and can stumble upstairs to my room.

I can't see myself getting over there this year though.
I'm totally going to catch a few Cubs v Cards games here in Chicago.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Was in Colorado the past week. As long as you wear a mask some of the time, apparently everything's fine. Spent 4/20 in Leadville. That felt right.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Michael wrote:
March 3 21, 1:13 pm
Like most people - spending time with loved ones and travel.

As for travel, I've picked up some weird interests out of boredom during the pandemic. One of interest is roller coasters and theme parks. Watching people experience and discuss these parks takes me to a better and more fun place while I'm stuck at home. It just sunny wholesome fun. What's particularly weird if despite all the knowledge I've gained on the topic I haven't been on a roller coaster in like 15 years. So my plan is to make a road trip to the roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point and stay there a few nights. I also plan to swing down to Kings Island as well.

Also, I'm totally going to buy one of those expensive douchebag premium fast passes to line cut. Let the children cry as my middle aged self walks past them!
Over the weekend I went to the Chicagoland Six Flags. It was one of the first "fun" things I've done in like 15 mos. It felt amazing.

As for the actual park - it's been a long time since I've been on a coaster so I was excited to try the more modern ones. At Six Flags Great America they have a coaster called Goliath. It blew my mind! I sat in the back seat which really gives you the best floating experience. I felt like a kid again riding it! What's crazy is Goliath is made by a company called RMC and it's considered one of their "lessor" coasters. I can't wait to check out their best one, Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point.

Also, the douchebag fast pass was 100% worth it.

The video doesn't do it justice, but here it is: