Got your shot?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Have you started and/or completed your COVID vaccination series yet?

Yes--Pfizer
58%
Yes--Moderna
23%
Yes--Johnson & Johnson
6%
No but soon
2%
No and I won't
12%
Leroy
No votes

Total votes: 52

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Got your shot?

Post by sighyoung »

I probably need to get a shingles shot. My twin brother had the infection many years ago, and he was in tremendous pain for a while.

Tags:

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Richie Allen wrote:
May 12 21, 4:17 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
May 12 21, 2:29 pm
Richie Allen wrote:
May 12 21, 2:26 pm
Almost 30 days since second shot. Also received shingles and tetanus shots a week ago. Any other shots out there?
Pneumonia and flu!
Got the flu shot last fall. Always do. No choice. My wife's a pediatrician and rarely a day goes by where she doesn't have to give her spiel to convert dumb parents. Of course, that's things other than flu. Arguably more important, in fact. Oh, rabies. I better check that one out. Did you guys realize almost no one has ever survived rabies? I didn't know that until a few years ago. Don't get it!
I did know that, thanks to Michael Scott. Unfortunately, can't find a snippet to share thanks to NBC cleaning up the internet.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

sighyoung wrote:
May 12 21, 4:56 pm
I probably need to get a shingles shot. My twin brother had the infection many years ago, and he was in tremendous pain for a while.
I had a shingles shot in ‘12 and need to get the new one. That’s something nobody wants to experience.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Well, it's the next morning and, apart from some very mild arm pain where the shot was, no side effects. Maybe they made the recipe better after the very first batch.

CT Defector
Perennial All-Star

Post by CT Defector »

I got my second Pfizer almost 3 weeks ago, while waiting the 15 minutes, I rubbed and moved my arm around that whole time, no sore arm at all. I got the jab on a Saturday afternoon, felt fine until late afternoon Sunday, my neck and shoulders ached so much I couldn’t get comfortable, took Tylenol and Motrin and finally put ice packs on my shoulders and that helped. I woke up Monday morning with a huge lump under my left arm, the arm I got my shot in. I guess swollen lymph nodes are fairly common, it didn’t hurt but felt like I was walking around carrying a golf ball under my arm. It went down by half by the next day and was gone after about 3 days.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

CT Defector wrote:
May 13 21, 1:23 pm
I got my second Pfizer almost 3 weeks ago, while waiting the 15 minutes, I rubbed and moved my arm around that whole time, no sore arm at all. I got the jab on a Saturday afternoon, felt fine until late afternoon Sunday, my neck and shoulders ached so much I couldn’t get comfortable, took Tylenol and Motrin and finally put ice packs on my shoulders and that helped. I woke up Monday morning with a huge lump under my left arm, the arm I got my shot in. I guess swollen lymph nodes are fairly common, it didn’t hurt but felt like I was walking around carrying a golf ball under my arm. It went down by half by the next day and was gone after about 3 days.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I'm two weeks post 2nd jab as of two days ago. Yesterday I went over to a friend's house for the first indoor gathering I've had in over a year. There were 8 of us, indoors, all fully vaxxed and it was a pretty great feeling. No masks, no worrying, just beers and Dungeons & Dragons!

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Me, my wife and our 18 y/o are all fully vaxxed. Our 15 y/o had to wait, obviously. She gets her first jab tomorrow!

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

So we got our first round of Moderna yesterday. Aside from the intense pain in my shoulder (and I'm a diabetic, so I'm not a wuss for shots), the nausea I'm experiencing this morning and the thumb growing out from my forehead all of a sudden, it seems good.

Thanks Dr. Gneen.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Leroy wrote:
May 28 21, 7:29 am
So we got our first round of Moderna yesterday. Aside from the intense pain in my shoulder (and I'm a diabetic, so I'm not a wuss for shots), the nausea I'm experiencing this morning and the thumb growing out from my forehead all of a sudden, it seems good.

Thanks Dr. Gneen.
My wife got Moderna and had pretty strong reactions to both doses in terms of nausea, fatigue, and headaches. Knocked her out of commission for about a day each time, but then went away. Good excuse for a day on the couch!