Got your shot?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Have you started and/or completed your COVID vaccination series yet?

Yes--Pfizer
63%
Yes--Moderna
20%
Yes--Johnson & Johnson
5%
No but soon
5%
No and I won't
8%
Leroy
No votes

Total votes: 40

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Got your shot?

Post by Popeye_Card »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 21, 8:15 am
My sister is a nurse in Illinois (part time but still) and she only just now got scheduled for hers. Not sure what the hold up was...but I suppose the supply has not been as prevalent downstate.
Seems like Illinois has struggled to get the vaccines distributed to the higher priority groups. My parents (in their 70's) were able to get their vaccine about 2 weeks before my 98 year old grandmother who has been holed up in a retirement home for over a year now.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:
March 30 21, 8:21 am
i got my 1st pfizer a week ago today. just had a sore arm for like, 36 hours.
I have heard a lot of people say they had a sore arm after their shot but I don't remember having any soreness at all. Just the headache as I said before.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Popeye_Card wrote:
March 30 21, 8:33 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 21, 8:15 am
My sister is a nurse in Illinois (part time but still) and she only just now got scheduled for hers. Not sure what the hold up was...but I suppose the supply has not been as prevalent downstate.
Seems like Illinois has struggled to get the vaccines distributed to the higher priority groups. My parents (in their 70's) were able to get their vaccine about 2 weeks before my 98 year old grandmother who has been holed up in a retirement home for over a year now.
You would have thought they would have just gone to all the medical facilities and retirement homes and told everyone to line up.

My sister is getting the J&J shot also instead of one of the 2 steps. And apparently my brother and sister-in-law that live in the same area are also now signed up for the J&J. Maybe it has been at least partially a matter of available supply for their area.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Pfizer in the house what what.

Just a sore shoulder the first time. Second time no soreness at all, but felt tired and like I was getting a cold for a few hours the day after. Then it was gone in the morning.

US is hitting about 3.5 mil administered per day, which is great. Mrs. Zeus renewed her nursing license and is volunteering tomorrow at one of the new shot clinics they've set up in Austin.

In Texas, they just opened it up to everyone yesterday, so hopefully the momentum will continue. It's a bit worrisome when you read things like "59% of republican men say they won't get the vaccine," because Texas has a buttload of men. Given our lax covid protocols, I really don't want to become the hotzone for new 'rona mutations.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

you are ray wise zeus

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 21, 9:48 am
Jocephus wrote:
March 30 21, 8:21 am
i got my 1st pfizer a week ago today. just had a sore arm for like, 36 hours.
I have heard a lot of people say they had a sore arm after their shot but I don't remember having any soreness at all. Just the headache as I said before.
The key is to say "slug bug" THEN "no slug backs". Sounds like you knew what you were doing.

My first Pfizer shot left me with a sore arm that woke me that night, but then I was fine the next day (maybe a little sore for a day or two). With the 2nd shot it made me feel like you do when you are on the verge of getting sick, but only for a few hours the day after. Then I felt okay the next day.

Now I only glow slightly phosphorescently when it's realllly dark out.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I'm getting my first shot on Thursday. I had reservations about booking an appointment because I still have antibodies and didn't want to take a slot from someone else who might need it more. I decided to keep it in the end.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I am interested in knowing how long the vaccine is effective. Do we all go back to near normal this summer only to all get quarantined and sick again come fall?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
March 31 21, 4:00 am
I am interested in knowing how long the vaccine is effective. Do we all go back to near normal this summer only to all get quarantined and sick again come fall?
This question doesn't have a simple answer, only varying degrees of probability of outcomes that range from "3 months" to "For Life"

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I got the 1st dose of Pizer. My shoulder is a little sore but that's it.