Revenge Travel

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Revenge Travel

Post by pioneer98 »

We have some vouchers for air travel because the flight got canceled last year. But we're having a helluva time getting to use them.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Leroy wrote:
May 26 21, 3:56 pm
This is a true story, very much shortened. After a long night of opening for Blake Shelton, then playing a street dance, we retired to our hotel to find that our rooms had been slept in by Blake's band and not cleaned. We were upset, and decided to go home (about 100 miles). The lady at the counter at the hotel was a real crabass though, and on Monday informed the mayor that we were belligerent and we should be banned from the town.

Someday I'm going back their to whizz on her garden.

Now that's revenge travel.

The other great story of that night was that Blake's portion of the show was rained out, but they stopped at the street dance and played a set. I hung out with the fiddle player while they were getting ready, and the keyboard player was doing his best to balance an electric piano on a folding chair. I said, 'That's never gonna work'. The fiddle player said, 'I know, but he's drunk as hell'.

Also a light tower smashed into Blake's bus and missed him by a foot and a half.

Good times.
Sorry for your difficulties but I loved most everything about this story.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
May 27 21, 10:09 am
Leroy wrote:
May 26 21, 3:56 pm
This is a true story, very much shortened. After a long night of opening for Blake Shelton, then playing a street dance, we retired to our hotel to find that our rooms had been slept in by Blake's band and not cleaned. We were upset, and decided to go home (about 100 miles). The lady at the counter at the hotel was a real crabass though, and on Monday informed the mayor that we were belligerent and we should be banned from the town.

Someday I'm going back their to whizz on her garden.

Now that's revenge travel.

The other great story of that night was that Blake's portion of the show was rained out, but they stopped at the street dance and played a set. I hung out with the fiddle player while they were getting ready, and the keyboard player was doing his best to balance an electric piano on a folding chair. I said, 'That's never gonna work'. The fiddle player said, 'I know, but he's drunk as hell'.

Also a light tower smashed into Blake's bus and missed him by a foot and a half.

Good times.
Sorry for your difficulties but I loved most everything about this story.
same here, except maybe the light tower missing ....just kidding.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Freed Roger wrote:
May 27 21, 10:41 am

same here, except maybe the light tower missing ....just kidding.
Exact same. #teammiranda

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

"We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty."
[SHOW]

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Looks fab dude, enjoy!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

G. Keenan wrote:
June 24 21, 11:29 am
Looks fab dude, enjoy!
Thanks. This was last week. Carolina Beach, NC.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

So we're going to kuai, HI in about a month. After the past year, decided to cash in a shload of credit card points. Booked the tickets back when covid was still raging on the hopes that the vaccines would work (they did!). And thankfully booked a rental car real early in the game. There are no more rental cars in Hawaii. At all. There's a secondary market where people are renting their rental cars for like $200 a day. The rental car companies sold off their fleets during Covid, and now can't buy enough cars because of a chip shortage.

Anyway, pent up demand is real, and it's crazy. And I'm still worried about traveling because our kids are too young to get vaccinated, but we're doing it anyway.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
June 24 21, 11:36 am
So we're going to kuai, HI in about a month. After the past year, decided to cash in a shload of credit card points. Booked the tickets back when covid was still raging on the hopes that the vaccines would work (they did!). And thankfully booked a rental car real early in the game. There are no more rental cars in Hawaii. At all. There's a secondary market where people are renting their rental cars for like $200 a day. The rental car companies sold off their fleets during Covid, and now can't buy enough cars because of a chip shortage.

Anyway, pent up demand is real, and it's crazy. And I'm still worried about traveling because our kids are too young to get vaccinated, but we're doing it anyway.
Hawaii will have their own issues due to being an island of course; but I have heard a lot about the rental car shortage. I normally am able to use a fleet car when I travel for work; but this morning it had a maintenance issue. Somehow I called Enterprise to book a car and had one within an hour. It's an Altima; so not too bad to drive around in but really I would have been thankful for a Brubaker Box.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

heyzeus wrote:
June 24 21, 11:36 am

Sounds amazing. Just make sure the kids mask up on the plane. Post pics when you get back!!