STL Flooding '22

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

STL Flooding '22

Post by heyzeus »

All my Lou peeps, y'all ok?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: STL Flooding '22

Post by cardinalkarp »

Crazy that I can say was lucky to only get 4 inches of rain last night. A little further north got hit w/ 3x that in the course of 12 hours!

No flooding to report here as we’re on a bit of a hill, but hope those in the direct path of the major rain are doing okay.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Glad to hear it, @cardinalkarp

My mom reports over 8 inches at her house in Chesterfield this morning. She's not in the Valley or anything, so no flooding issues, and she doesn't leave the house much anyway.

A friend's nephew was supposed to take the bar exam this morning in Clayton, but it apparently got cancelled, which is the right call. I heard almost every highway had sections that were closed this morning.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yes, hope everyone is okay. Saw some pics. Crazy stuff.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

We are well north of the city but we had about three inches here. We needed it though, it was a million dollar rain for us for sure. The pictures from the city or sickening though. What a mess to deal with.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote:
July 26 22, 7:43 pm
We are well north of the city but we had about three inches here. We needed it though, it was a million dollar rain for us for sure. The pictures from the city or sickening though. What a mess to deal with.
Glad to hear….yeah, it’s been so freaking dry.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

IMADreamer wrote:
Ever been through Calhoun County in Illinois, home of the Silver Eagle ferry and Kinder's restaurant?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Got another 2 1/2” last night….although no flooding to speak of in my area. It hit generally the same places so they may not have fared as well w/ this second round. They are saying more tonight as well.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

heyzeus wrote:
July 27 22, 8:05 am
IMADreamer wrote:
Ever been through Calhoun County in Illinois, home of the Silver Eagle ferry and Kinder's restaurant?
Now you're taking me back, zeus! My family used to go there back in the day. Loved it as a kid. Did you ever go swimming at Royal Landing? Looking back I can't believe my parents let us swim in the river like that. My brother almost drowned one time.

Good times!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote:
July 27 22, 8:05 am
IMADreamer wrote:
...and peaches.