House of the Dragon (HOT D) (possible spoilers ahead)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: House of the Dragon (HOT D) (possible spoilers ahead)

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
October 25 22, 9:04 am
Lucerys getting ate up by Vaegar triggered my memory and I now remember what the result of that will be. I'm sure it will be next year's season finale and it's going to be awesome. Aemond and Daemon are two peas in a pod.
That scene was so reminiscent of the Quidditch scenes in Harry Potter (even to the point where little Lucerys looks kinda like Harry, and evil Aemond has the white-blonde hair of Draco Malfoy). Except this time, it ends with a boy being annihilated midair by a dragon.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The dragon Daemon was singing to at the end is, I believe, Vermithor. AKA the second largest dragon, so he's tooling up and will find random Targaryen bastards to ride the unclaimed dragons.

Extremely minor book spoiler:
[SHOW]
I wonder how they'll thread the needle with Seasmoke, because dragons famously won't take another rider while theirs still lives, and only 4 people know Laenor is alive. In the books, he's dead and someone else claims Seasmoke. I think they had him live in the show to keep Rhaenyra sympathetic.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
October 25 22, 9:55 am
The dragon Daemon was singing to at the end is, I believe, Vermithor. AKA the second largest dragon, so he's tooling up and will find random Targaryen bastards to ride the unclaimed dragons.

Extremely minor book spoiler:
[SHOW]
I wonder how they'll thread the needle with Seasmoke, because dragons famously won't take another rider while theirs still lives, and only 4 people know Laenor is alive. In the books, he's dead and someone else claims Seasmoke. I think they had him live in the show to keep Rhaenyra sympathetic.
The show runners go to great lengths here (unlike GOT) to both-sides every character. Even during last night's episode, they imply that Aemon just wanted to scare little Lucerys, and this was all just a big whoopsie.