The Queen Is Dead.

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mtcefc
Everyday Player

Re: The Queen Is Dead.

Post by mtcefc »

It has gone a bit "'weird" over here.

I am not a royalist by any means, I have never bothered to meet any of them when they have been in the vacinity of where I live, my Grandma (RIP) loved it all though, and I think that generation is literally dying off.

I suppose with social media and instant 24/7 news, any indiscretions (hello Prince Andrew) are going to be magnified and scrutinised more than ever.

It was a shock to me when it actually happened, I am 41 and she has been "My Queen" for almost twice my lifetime. I know it wasn't her choice, the same as it isn't Charles, William or George's choice when the time comes.

I don't want to get too political, but they are mostly an irrelevance for me, our blonde idiot leader, before he was sacked by his own party, lied to the Queen's face, amongst the other people he lied too and he faced no punishment for it.

I find it a bit................weird, that especially this year, when energy prices (for whatever reason) are going through the roof, petrol costs almost as much as gold, there are still people willing to camp out for 3 days to watch a coffin get driven past for what must be about 30 seconds?

Each to their own I suppose, I saw a good point that people are laying down Marmalade sandwiches as a reference to the Paddington sketch she did for the jubilee, why not donate them to people who need them? Of which there are many.

Also, this is very concerning https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... e-62889396 While I think there is a time and a place for protests and it is still not a week since she passed, the fact that this can happen is scary.

Oh, and I am totally taking our extra bank holiday off work on Monday for the funeral like a total hyprocrite.