Chess Drama

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Chess Drama

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
September 27 22, 3:14 pm
I've followed this a little bit. It's a really intriguing story.

Is it possible that this kid is just a prodigy from out of nowhere?
It is possible. This is part of what is fascinating. The entire issue isn't an issue exclusive to this one particular person doing 'it'. Theoretically, anyone with a rating north of 2000, which is a large number of people relatively speaking, could do 'it'.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

GeddyWrox wrote:
September 27 22, 3:59 pm
I saw a headline about this a couple weeks ago from the RFT. The method for relaying the moves was suggested to be:
[SHOW]
ANAL BEADS

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news/pl ... t-38449269
That was unexpected.

Also, of course he did.
Tesla and Space-X CEO Elon Musk took that as his cue to enter the fray. In a tweet that has since been deleted, Grimes' ex-husband augmented a quote from 19th Century German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer to fit the current controversy.

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one can see (cause it’s in ur butt)," Musk wrote in response to the above tweet.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I am ignorant when it comes to the atmosphere around chess matches. If this teenager isn't memorizing engine moves, then how would someone relay them to him? I would think they couldn't sit there looking at their cell phone. Would someone from the audience give him signs like a 3rd base coach? I'm wondering what the real-time relay system would be.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

well mike, it's not your fault that this thread buried the bead... i mean lede :P

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

mikechamp wrote:
September 28 22, 8:33 am
I am ignorant when it comes to the atmosphere around chess matches. If this teenager isn't memorizing engine moves, then how would someone relay them to him? I would think they couldn't sit there looking at their cell phone. Would someone from the audience give him signs like a 3rd base coach? I'm wondering what the real-time relay system would be.
Check the spoilered message above yours

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

mikechamp wrote:
September 28 22, 8:33 am
You'd need someone more familiar with technology than myself, but pretty sure it's not all that difficult to have a wireless receiver/buzzer device in a shoe, hair, crotch, armpit, etc that's controlled remotely. Apparently they make beads you can put in your vagina or butt that do this. No reason it has to be in those places, and definitely no reason the technology can't be modified/improved when hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars are on the line.

They broadcast the game live, so theoretically you could have someone within range and the ability to transmit signals monitoring the game and relaying codes/engine moves to your receiver/buzzer.

I can't imagine it's all that difficult.

After Magnus left the Sinquefield Cup, they started making people go through a metal detector and monitoring the room for radio frequencies. They also delayed the broadcast of moves by 15 minutes. Take it fwiw, but it seems to indicate they were guarding against radio transmissions from external parties to the players.
Last edited by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 on September 28 22, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Also, take it fwiw, SSS and all. In Hans first 3 games, he had two victories and one draw. Good for 2.5 points. After the added security measures, in his next 6 games he had zero victories and four draws. Good for 2 points.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I mean, if he can receive vibrations down there and decode them without showing anything on his face, that's pretty impressive. His chess face is better than most people's poker face.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Also, eagerly anticipating the next round of Houston Astros cheating, now featuring
[SHOW]
butt plugs.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Popeye_Card wrote:
September 28 22, 9:28 am
Also, eagerly anticipating the next round of Houston Astros cheating, now featuring
[SHOW]
butt plugs.
That's why we never see them rip off Altuve's pants after a game winner.