TikTok

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: TikTok

Post by ghostrunner »

This is pretty crude but it gave me the best laugh I’ve had in weeks
[SHOW]
Last edited by ghostrunner on November 12 23, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

That's it right there. People wearing those things just look stupid. How do they change that? Also, I'm not particularly comfortable not knowing what's going on around me in the real world. Am I the only one?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 4 23, 3:25 pm
People wearing those things just look stupid. How do they change that?
Moore's law; headsets will get smaller and Oculus and others have already been improving using gestures instead of the controllers. 20 years ago a 50" TV was a thousand bucks, 200 pounds and 12" deep. Now you can get a 70" TV that weighs 20 pounds, is inches thick and has a better picture.
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 4 23, 3:25 pm
Also, I'm not particularly comfortable not knowing what's going on around me in the real world. Am I the only one?
You're not the only one and this is another interesting one that's a semi-solved problem but probably needs better tech to "switch". Currently, you set a "boundary" for an Oculus. As soon as you step outside of that there's a very rough view of what's around you.

So you're only totally removed from your surroundings when you choose to be but that immersion is kind of the point. It's awesome to do some of the VR experiences on youtube of different like mountain peaks or remote locations laying on your couch.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Last edited by ghostrunner on November 12 23, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

ghostrunner wrote:
May 21 23, 1:28 pm
The 55 year old man doing spin moves in between the youngsters kind of creeps me out.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I’m always a sucker for this kind of anachronistic humor

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

It’s funny. The conversation is always about indoctrination and Big China (oh no, China knows I’m looking at guitars on Facebook marketplace!). But I’m far more worried about the addictiveness/mental impact. My child is about to get a smartphone. Pretty sure I’m going to be a real dick about TikTok.

He can watch with friends or on YouTube compilations. If it’s just causing him too much social stress I’ll revisit.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
December 1 23, 10:58 am
It’s funny. The conversation is always about indoctrination and Big China (oh no, China knows I’m looking at guitars on Facebook marketplace!). But I’m far more worried about the addictiveness/mental impact. My child is about to get a smartphone. Pretty sure I’m going to be a real dick about TikTok.

He can watch with friends or on YouTube compilations. If it’s just causing him too much social stress I’ll revisit.
dik tok