GRB 2.0 Thoughts

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: GRB 2.0 Thoughts

Post by ghostrunner »

33anda3rd wrote:Also, please never bring back sigs. I went to that Cubs board once this year and there are so many GIFs and embedded tweets and images and other stuff on the page that it's a headache reading through threads. One of the virtues of GRB is it's elegant simplicity and that the design directs the reader to what the poster is saying rather than requiring the reader to read between all the GIFs and pictures and embedded tweets and stuff that are not relevant to the discussion.
This.

Also second the spoilering of large pictures. Not sure if there's a way to automate that though. Same for tweets with large images.

Worth mentioning that you can turn pictures in posts off in your settings. Then you have just a link to the image. If you use a computer you can get an extension for your browser to show the picture when you roll over the link. Downside is that you'll get that for all sites unless there's a way to disable the extension for certain sites.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Since the precedent has been set of allowing members banned long ago back with their old userID can I have themiddle54 back?

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

33anda3rd wrote:Since the precedent has been set of allowing members banned long ago back with their old userID can I have themiddle54 back?
All hail the king. Three cheers for Kyle.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

You'll always be 33anda3rd to me.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Can I go back to my original name, jim?

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I LOL'd

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Can we get the twitter thing fixed? Or at least a confirmation its not possible to fix?

It makes it hard to navigate the site when twitter is blocked (at work). I've seen other sites with stripped down versions of the tweets--is that possible?

It's akin to trying to navigate the site while people are deleting posts.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

go birds wrote:Can we get the twitter thing fixed? Or at least a confirmation its not possible to fix?

It makes it hard to navigate the site when twitter is blocked (at work). I've seen other sites with stripped down versions of the tweets--is that possible?

It's akin to trying to navigate the site while people are deleting posts.
Agreed. I literally have to keep my phone set on GRB every time I log in from my computer at work because half of the posts on here are embedded tweets that just come up as a giant blank post.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

trade season is here--can we please get an answer on the twitter issue instead of not getting an answer on the twitter issue?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

go birds wrote:trade season is here--can we please get an answer on the twitter issue instead of not getting an answer on the twitter issue?
It seems we are the only two users who want the Twitter embed removed, or at the very least have an option to disable it so it appears normally.

It would be nice to at least get a "No. Now quit complaining." answer...