Your connection to this site is not secure

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Your connection to this site is not secure

Post by TheoSqua »

With the recent update to Chrome you might see "Not Secure" or "Your connection to this site is not secure" when visiting GRB. This is because connecting to the site is done in plaintext and not encrypted. If you're on any site where security is critical and you are sending/receiving sensitive data then encryption is super important.

For GRB, not so much. There is a cost to the site for using encryption and, unless Kyle says different, I don't anticipate GRB opting to do that as there isn't much value for a site like this. Nothing has changed with how GRB sends/receives data, google is just taking measures to make Chrome and the internet more secure.

So if you see that message on GRB there is no reason to be alarmed that something has happened to the site or the site is any more vulnerable than it ever was. You can continue to use GRB as normal....just don't send your social security number to anyone in a PM.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Your connection to this site is not secure

Post by GeddyWrox »

NOW HOW WILL I BILK YOU RUBES???

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

But not the credit card and social security numbers we gave you to sign up for the premium package right? They were encrypted right? RIGHT?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:But not the credit card and social security numbers we gave you to sign up for the premium package right? They were encrypted right? RIGHT?

You only signed up for premium? I'm sorry, that kind of encryption is only available with the GRB platinum edition.