Funding GRB

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: Funding GRB

Post by TheoSqua »

Just for full transparency, the Patreon site is showing me each contributors first name and last name. So unless there is some check box for being anonymous then I'll have your name but not necessarily which grb account you're tied to.

Tags:

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
February 28 20, 3:37 pm
I wonder, is there any way to put a very small $ on a "membership" to the site that goes beyond just being a generic member? Maybe with added perks like the addition of a Sig, or site badge?
No, but we can definitely sell your user data to all the boner pill sites now, which is a plus for us.

Ok ok to be serious, we really, really appreciate all our posters (even Leroy) but the mods do not want any difference in treatment at all, because nobody should feel compelled to spend money on the site, or wonder if they will be treated differently either way. Even Leroy.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I would rather the $ go to continually improving the user experience for everyone and then the excess goes to Cardinals Care, but that's just my 2 cents. I don't want premium memberships or exclusive content because 1) what would that even be and why would the admin/mod team want to be in charge of producing that and B) I like the site flat and inclusive the way it is.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I just donated. Looking forward to my VIP membership package in the mail.

Anyway, did it dawn on anyone else about the timing of all of this being kind of "fishy?" - Stock market dives 15% in 8 days and then we get this thread. Michael is our resident financial guy so I'll blame him and assume he is involved.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

heyzeus wrote:
February 28 20, 3:42 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
I wonder, is there any way to put a very small $ on a "membership" to the site that goes beyond just being a generic member? Maybe with added perks like the addition of a Sig, or site badge?
No, but we can definitely sell your user data to all the boner pill sites now, which is a plus for us.

Ok ok to be serious, we really, really appreciate all our posters (even Leroy) but the mods do not want any difference in treatment at all, because nobody should feel compelled to spend money on the site, or wonder if they will be treated differently either way. Even Leroy.
They already have that information..

I was think purely cosmetic stuff. But the human brain would always wonder who GRB's "whales" are, I guess.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

is there a way to make a single donation instead of a recurring?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
February 28 20, 4:24 pm
heyzeus wrote:
February 28 20, 3:42 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:

They already have that information..

I was think purely cosmetic stuff. But the human brain would always wonder who GRB's "whales" are, I guess.
Even if we only added an aesthetic value to someone's profile or avatar for donating; we'd be going against our firm desire not to treat members that donate differently than those who do not.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I'm #5! I'm #5! I'm #5!!

Me and The Mang.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Is there a better Cards # than 6?

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I just want a name badge that I can wear at parties and such.