How does everyone post twitter links from their phones?

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

How does everyone post twitter links from their phones?

Post by ghostrunner »

This has always been a pain, so I’m just curious if there’s not a better way to do it.

Obviously first I copy the link from twitter, come over here and try to post it.

If you paste the url first, you have to then try and select the whole thing on your phone (usually difficult), then hopefully you can scroll up to hit the tweet button, which then puts the tags on it.

The other option is to choose the twitter tags first and paste the url between them. This is often impossible - even if I use the “drag on the space bar” trick to get the cursor in the right spot, I get no option to paste. So I have to type some spaces in and then paste, which only sometimes works.

I find the easiest thing is to choose the tweet button which creates the tags, delete the closing half of the tag, paste the url, then choose the tweet button again and delete the opening half of the tag.

In either of those cases you still have to delete the last few characters of a tweet - up to and including the question mark. Seems like phpbb ought to be able to accommodate the extra characters given that the full url works if pasted into a browser or pasted into another tweet.

It’s weird that the new imgur tool is so easy to use yet tweets are still hard to share.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: How does everyone post twitter links from their phones?

Post by CardsofSTL »

The way I normally do it is copy the link from twitter; then on the GRB reply I hit the tweet button; then while the cursor is in between the brackets I hit enter a couple times. That allows me to paste the link next to the first bracket; then I move the cursor to in front of the second bracket and backspace over the ?s=20; and then post. It's not that bad but it is a little bit more effort than it should be I think; so if anyone knows a better way I would love to hear it.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Not sure if it's a phpBB update or custom code, but over at NSBB you can embed tweets without having to use the [tweet][/tweet] tags. Just the straight URL works.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I do it the same way cards does.