The Five-Day Work Week

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

The Five-Day Work Week

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I know there is momentum for four days to be the norm, and that’s good, but I don’t even want to do that. There’s no reason this relic still exists other than capitalist control.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: The Five-Day Work Week

Post by CardsofSTL »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm a communist for other reasons.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

a 4 day work week and not having to participate in the disgusting pay for healthcare scheme my life would 1000% better

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Jocephus wrote:
August 3 21, 4:59 pm
a 4 day work week and not having to participate in the disgusting pay for healthcare scheme my life would 1000% better
The same. For starters I think my house would be cleaner and I’d probably eat healthier too. I just don’t want to do anything on my days off right now.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I think something has to change. Right now people's work schedules are so screwed up that quality of life practically doesn't exist. I know people that might get two days off a week but it's like a Monday and Thursday. That's so messed up, you could never actually relax. There is no reason at all for this country to not have a 4 day work week but I fear we will never see anything like that wide spread. A lot of this country is brainwashed that if you aren't working all the time you are lazy. It's nuts.

I say all this as a guy who basically works seven days a week. It's so stupid. Someday I'll break myself of it.