Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Re: Random musings

Post by TGantz »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
April 14 22, 1:13 pm
Don’t be an idiot like me and offer to help out your workplace when they’re in a bind. They won’t return the favor. Tell them you’re busy if they ask you to come in an off day. Use every day of your PTO. Call in sick even if you aren’t. Clock out the second your shift ends and leave. Don’t accept it when your time off requests are rejected. Better yet, tell them it’s your polite way of informing them you won’t be at work. Be extremely selfish because that’s what they’ll do
Great rant. Unfortunately, I learned this with my last job.

The majority of employers do not care about you. They'll throw small incentives, positive praise, etc to keep your hope alive. You are always one mistake email, or one slip of the tongue from being fired instantly.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Don’t be an idiot like me and offer to help out your workplace when they’re in a bind. They won’t return the favor. Tell them you’re busy if they ask you to come in an off day. Use every day of your PTO. Call in sick even if you aren’t. Clock out the second your shift ends and leave. Don’t accept it when your time off requests are rejected. Better yet, tell them it’s your polite way of informing them you won’t be at work. Be extremely selfish because that’s what they’ll do
This is just common sense to me. Your employer doesn't give a [expletive] about you. Americans have to learn that.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

IMADreamer wrote:
April 15 22, 9:20 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
This is just common sense to me. Your employer doesn't give a [expletive] about you. Americans have to learn that.

It should have been for me. I was asked to work a month of weekends while they caught up with hiring. I should have said find someone else right there. One month turned into seven months. When a position M-F that's 9-5 opened up, something I've never had in eight years here opened up, my boss (who didn't hire me and who has never liked me) gave me a sham interview for the position even though it's technically a lateral move and gave it to someone who's a brand new hire. I kind of hope I'm asked to train this person so I can tell him that if I was qualified to train this person, I would have the job.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

If it's not peak laziness, it's pretty darn close when...

you live in the same neighborhood (which has sidewalks on both sides of the street) and reside less than 0.4 miles from your friend, but need to drive your camo golf cart over every time you visit.

And before anyone asks, no, it's not a disabled person thing. They are able-bodied.

TGantz

Post by TGantz »

Few things are more satisfying than someone tailgating, getting so frustrated they change lanes, only to be Office Space'd in their new lane causing a 10+ second delay.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

mikechamp wrote:
April 26 22, 10:34 am

you live in the same neighborhood (which has sidewalks on both sides of the street) and reside less than 0.4 miles from your friend, but need to drive your camo golf cart over every time you visit.

And before anyone asks, no, it's not a disabled person thing. They are able-bodied.
Golf carts and side by sides on public roads piss me off to no end. I probably shouldn't care but I do. There is nothing worse than some old bastard cruising down the middle of the lane at 10mph in his tricked out golf cart.

TGantz

Post by TGantz »

IMADreamer wrote:
April 26 22, 9:23 pm
mikechamp wrote:
April 26 22, 10:34 am

Golf carts and side by sides on public roads piss me off to no end. I probably shouldn't care but I do. There is nothing worse than some old bastard cruising down the middle of the lane at 10mph in his tricked out golf cart.
Alternatively there is nothing more fun than being in a golf cart outside of a golf course.

My buddy had one in Soulard that was closer to an ATV after modifications. We would go down to the graffiti wall and may or may not have taken it on Broadway and Market late at night a few times.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
April 16 22, 10:58 am
IMADreamer wrote:
April 15 22, 9:20 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

It should have been for me. I was asked to work a month of weekends while they caught up with hiring. I should have said find someone else right there. One month turned into seven months. When a position M-F that's 9-5 opened up, something I've never had in eight years here opened up, my boss (who didn't hire me and who has never liked me) gave me a sham interview for the position even though it's technically a lateral move and gave it to someone who's a brand new hire. I kind of hope I'm asked to train this person so I can tell him that if I was qualified to train this person, I would have the job.
Update: I put in my notice yesterday. I found a job with better hours and better pay. Even then, I had to play a demented game of Simon Says with my soon to be ex-boss. I will be happy when I stop thinking about that specimen.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Good luck with the new job @MrCrowesGarden

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

[expletive] it's a tornado watch.

And today is the primary election. Guess I need to go vote.