July 25 22, 1:10 pm
Depends on who does your taxes.
Sounds like a business lunch to me :wink:
nana nana nana

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Life changes

Post by thrill »

Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Good for you thrill! Congrats.

I bet that feels awesome.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

thrill wrote:
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Quitting your job rocks. Well done.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Arthur Dent wrote:
August 12 22, 8:31 pm
thrill wrote:
Quitting your job rocks. Well done.
++

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

My son moved out at the end of July, so my wife and I are quasi-empty nesters. My daughter returns from abroad tomorrow, but heads back to college at the end of August.

It's not bad.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

thrill wrote:
Good for you my man. I think everyone I know who has a quit a job because the workplace environment just wasn't worth it anymore has ended up in a better place, making more money. Blue skies ahead!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
Good work dude. One of the best things anyone ever taught me was my friend, when he was like 23 and I was 22 and we were working for the same consulting company. He taught me to always keep enough "[expletive] you" money in the bank so that if your employer sucks bad enough, you can just say [expletive] you and have enough to get by for a few months. He and I were both laid off by that dumb company within the year, after September 11 and Enron destroyed their business.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

sighyoung wrote:
August 13 22, 9:19 pm
My son moved out at the end of July, so my wife and I are quasi-empty nesters. My daughter returns from abroad tomorrow, but heads back to college at the end of August.

It's not bad.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

G. Keenan wrote:
August 17 22, 11:20 am
thrill wrote:
Good for you my man. I think everyone I know who has a quit a job because the workplace environment just wasn't worth it anymore has ended up in a better place, making more money. Blue skies ahead!
Very true for me!