Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Re: Random musings

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Sometimes I like to think the mods look through this thread while sipping on a tumbler of GRB Scotch (11 years old, from the last championship, or, more expensive, 16 years old from the championship inspired by the first year of GRB). "Not Random Enough," they sometimes think. "Not random enough." But they stay the giant "NOT RANDOM" stamp that feels heavy in their hand and let most things through. Most things. Because "Random" is a complicated concept, and the world needs a place to put their miscellaneous thoughts.

IMA, I hope the foot heals soon. But as a getting-older-person, I know it won't heal as quickly as you'd like, as quickly as it would've a few decades prior, when you were young and invincible. So I hope you are able to function somewhat normally soon. Stay on the sunny side of life, because we all enjoy sunny side dreaming.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Donnie Ebert wrote:
October 22 22, 10:17 pm
Sometimes I like to think the mods look through this thread while sipping on a tumbler of GRB Scotch (11 years old, from the last championship, or, more expensive, 16 years old from the championship inspired by the first year of GRB). "Not Random Enough," they sometimes think. "Not random enough." But they stay the giant "NOT RANDOM" stamp that feels heavy in their hand and let most things through. Most things. Because "Random" is a complicated concept, and the world needs a place to put their miscellaneous thoughts.

IMA, I hope the foot heals soon. But as a getting-older-person, I know it won't heal as quickly as you'd like, as quickly as it would've a few decades prior, when you were young and invincible. So I hope you are able to function somewhat normally soon. Stay on the sunny side of life, because we all enjoy sunny side dreaming.
The process really is a lot like what you envisioned, except I'm sipping on a Starbucks (tm) Unicorn Frappuccino (tm) (r)

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Diabetes in a single-use cup made of oil.

Peak capitalism right there.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

G. Keenan wrote:
October 26 22, 8:53 am

Said it better than I could. :-)

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I like cheese

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

G. Keenan wrote:
October 26 22, 8:53 am

Why must you judge my preferred instrument of death.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

TGantz wrote:
November 15 22, 11:05 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
I've never had the balls to agree to it. I always decline.