Parent drama

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: Parent drama

Post by ghostrunner »

Sorry yours were so closed off, sigh. That does make me grateful for my mom and the first 30-40 years I had with my dad. It’s also what makes this hard. I have a lot of great memories of my dad being curious about culture and music and being eager to share those things with me. He taught me about popular music. Sat down with me listening to albums. Introduced me to a ton of movies. Talked politics and history. I have his copy of The Autobiography of Malcolm X. I don’t think he was ever liberal politically but he was open minded and somewhat open hearted. I just don’t get what happened. And he’s never come at me personally like this before.

Starting to get the feeling my parents hope I just settle down and forget about it. I’m trying to decide if there’s something that can make this right with me and I’m not sure what that is. I think I just want him to acknowledge that he f’d up. Not sure he’s able to do that and the age/advancing senility and stubbornness makes this all trickier. Both my parents have had strokes in the past two years, so it’s not like I expect my mom to give him hell over this since they need each other and she has to live with the consequences.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I have often wondered what my dad would have done/said if he were still around when my oldest transitioned. He might have just bit his tongue and not said anything, or he might have said little things only to me. I hate that I feel this way, but I'm glad my son didn't have to worry about him being here when he came out to us.

Luckily my wife's parents have been great with it all.

I'm sorry Ghost, and Sigh. Difficult situations. Not easy to go through. :(

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm grateful that I have a lot of aunts and uncles who live close to my dad because I was afraid the isolation was getting to him. My mom died about three years ago, and I'm an only child living 700+ miles away from him. It's just him and the dog at home in a fairly big house. I know for a while, and it might still be the case, all he would do is seem to watch Newsmax to pass the time. I'd hear the rants about Biden and stolen elections during our weekly phone calls. I haven't heard any in a while though, so I'm happy maybe that's passed, or if nothing else, he knows I'm going to dismiss it.