Opie and Anthony suspended from XM!

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising

Should Opie and Anthony have been suspended from XM..

Hell No!
41%
Yes!
59%

Total votes: 27

lazypenguin
Everyday Player

Post by lazypenguin »

Sponsors are now pulling from XM because of the suspension. I love it.

Link

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

I can't believe the sponsors think it is funny to rape and beat women.

lazypenguin
Everyday Player

Post by lazypenguin »

docellis wrote:I can't believe the sponsors think it is funny to rape and beat women.
No one is forcing you or anyone else to listen to the show.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

lazypenguin wrote:
docellis wrote:I can't believe the sponsors think it is funny to rape and beat women.
I don't listen to the show but that still doesn't make it OK.

docellis

Post by docellis »

lazypenguin wrote:
And nobody could force me to listen to that show. But the prinicpal (imo) isn't free speech here.

lazypenguin
Everyday Player

Post by lazypenguin »

cardinalkarp wrote:
lazypenguin wrote:
The point is, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to listen to it. It's just humor. Some might find it funny, some might not. There's no need to raise an uproar about it just because you don't find it funny. Maybe others do. Let them listen to it and have a laugh. It's not killing anyone.

lazypenguin
Everyday Player

Post by lazypenguin »

docellis wrote:
lazypenguin wrote:
And nobody could force me to listen to that show. But the prinicpal (imo) isn't free speech here.
I don't listen to it either, but the mere fact that some special interests groups can kick people off their shows so easily now a days is just sad.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

lazypenguin wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
lazypenguin wrote:
The point is, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to listen to it. It's just humor. Some might find it funny, some might not. There's no need to raise an uproar about it just because you don't find it funny. Maybe others do. Let them listen to it and have a laugh. It's not killing anyone.
What sick individuals would find a homeless drunk guy spatting his mouth off about raping and beating women funny?

I'm sure he wasn't being serious but still what's the point of it all?

docellis

Post by docellis »

lazypenguin wrote: The point is, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to listen to it. It's just humor. Some might find it funny, some might not. There's no need to raise an uproar about it just because you don't find it funny. Maybe others do. Let them listen to it and have a laugh. It's not killing anyone.
Beating a woman in the face while raping her isn't funny. And it shouldn't be funny to anyone. The fact that those two morons sat and laughed at the homeless guy while he said he wanted to do this to Rice (imo) means they should lose their audience. It scares me that people think that is funny.

lazypenguin
Everyday Player

Post by lazypenguin »

cardinalkarp wrote:
lazypenguin wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
lazypenguin wrote:
What sick individuals would find a homeless drunk guy spatting his mouth off about raping and beating women funny?

I'm sure he wasn't being serious but still what's the point of it all?
The flaw in your argument is that not everyone has to agree with what they say or find everything funny at every point of the show. Just because they say one stupid thing doesn't mean that they have to be kicked off the air because it offended a select number of individuals.

If you're watching a Cardinals game on ESPN, do you agree with everything the announcers say? I'm sure Opie and Anthony fans don't find rape funny, to generalize them into that is just flawed.

I listen to Howard Stern occasionally, and I find myself disagreeing with him every once and awhile. I don't petition to get him kicked off if he says something offending to me, I have the choice to turn it off or quit paying if I want and I'm not so uptight that I'm going to ruin someones life over a single statement.

People make mistakes and people are WAY too uptight now a days.