Cracked Windshield

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

Cracked Windshield

Post by wart57 »

I have had my new car for 2 weeks. When I was driving the wifes family to the pool last night a work van sped by me at about 65 mph in a 45 zone, threw up a rock that hit my winshield and put a star crack in my windshiled about the size of a quarter. I f***ing hate Arizona and it's stupid f***ing desert landscaping. :rant: :rant: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by wart57 on April 5 23, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simbagal23
All-Star

Re: Cracked Windshiled

Post by Simbagal23 »

Does your auto insurance repair it at no cost (assuming the crack can be repaired as opposed to replacing the entire windshield)? I had that happen a couple of times when I lived in St. Louis and my auto ins. always had it repaired (for free) by one of those companies that come to your workplace. Hope it works out!

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Man, you sound like you are in hell.

Hope things get better, hang in there!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Simbagal23 wrote:Does your auto insurance repair it at no cost (assuming the crack can be repaired as opposed to replacing the entire windshield)? I had that happen a couple of times when I lived in St. Louis and my auto ins. always had it repaired (for free) by one of those companies that come to your workplace. Hope it works out!
I had my insurance co. send out the rock chip repair guy once. He cracked my entire windshield. But they make you sign a waiver before they work on your windshield, saying you acknowledge and accept the risk of cracking.

So...beware.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

wart57 wrote:
June 30 07, 11:51 am
I have had my new car for 2 weeks. When I was driving the wifes family to the pool last night a work van sped by me at about 65 mph in a 45 zone, threw up a rock that hit my winshield and put a star crack in my windshiled about the size of a quarter. I f***ing hate Arizona and it's stupid f***ing desert landscaping. :rant: :rant: :evil: :evil:
I just wanted to point out that you misspelled windshield 16 years ago.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
April 5 23, 3:55 am
wart57 wrote:
Sock cucker.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

wart57 wrote:
April 5 23, 12:05 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
April 5 23, 3:55 am
wart57 wrote:
Sock cucker.
Which is, of course, someone who intentionally puts on one sock from one pair and the other sock from another, while making the socks that were left out watch as he puts the others on.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Re: Cracked Windshield

Post by G. Keenan »

Well this is one of the more random old thread bumps in a while.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

decriminalize windshields

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
April 6 23, 12:28 pm
Well this is one of the more random old thread bumps in a while.
Threads like these should be revisited every three or four lustrums. See you in 2039!