Rave: Diet Mountain Dew is awesome

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Rave: Diet Mountain Dew is awesome

Post by cardinalkarp »

docellis wrote:I tried to buy some bottled water out of a vending machine the other day and it just swallowed my money ($2). So I put another $2 in the machine. Still swallowed it, no water. So I figured fine, I will get some "powerade" or whatever that stuff is and it stole my money too.

Finally I gave up and moved over to the soda machine hoping for some type of juice. None.

So I got some clear looking pepsi and I could only drink 1/3 of it before getting disgusted. Then I saw a water fountain and emptied the soda into that and filled it with water. So it cost me like $8 for a bottle to fill with water from a water fountain.
The quote "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..." comes to mind.

But $8 :lol:

omaha_red
Hall Of Famer

Post by omaha_red »

docellis wrote:I tried to buy some bottled water out of a vending machine the other day and it just swallowed my money ($2). So I put another $2 in the machine. Still swallowed it, no water. So I figured fine, I will get some "powerade" or whatever that stuff is and it stole my money too.

Finally I gave up and moved over to the soda machine hoping for some type of juice. None.

So I got some clear looking pepsi and I could only drink 1/3 of it before getting disgusted. Then I saw a water fountain and emptied the soda into that and filled it with water. So it cost me like $8 for a bottle to fill with water from a water fountain.

that's what you get for not liking soda..

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

cardinalkarp wrote:

Fool me three times and then give me a bottle of clear Pepsi stuff to empty down the drain.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

omaha_red wrote:

Scottrade center charge me $6 for a large cup of water. :shock:

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

docellis wrote:
omaha_red wrote:

I've got some water for sale if you're interested.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

docellis wrote:
omaha_red wrote:

doc, you can find it cheaper on craigslist. :wink:

Diet Mountain Dew is the Albert Pujols of soda. Diet Mountain Dew is teh clutch. Yo, DMD is da' bomb of sody pops! I am sipping one now.

AJ

Post by AJ »

I usually drink Diet Dew or Coke Zero, it depends if I'm in the mood for cola or not.

The true holy grail of calorie free pop though.... its Cherry Coke Zero, it is really hard to find at gas stations and other convenience stores, at least where I go.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Are you guys actually intimating that Diet Mountain Dew is better than the real thing?

This would be akin to claiming that a non-alcoholic beer is better than beer.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

cardinalkarp wrote:

I was going to say the exact same thing. :D Good call.

They were handing out free Coke Zero after a Cardinals game a few years ago, and I remember seeing most people just throwing it away instead of drinking it (wasteful, obviously). I tried one sip and gave it to my dad. Couldn't stand it.

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

ThatGuy wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:

I was going to say the exact same thing. :D Good call.

They were handing out free Coke Zero after a Cardinals game a few years ago, and I remember seeing most people just throwing it away instead of drinking it (wasteful, obviously). I tried one sip and gave it to my dad. Couldn't stand it.
You're an elitist now too?