Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Cats

Post by Jocephus »

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

My cat, who's 16, is getting pretty sick. She's dehydrated so we've got to give her a subcutaneous drip once a day, and she's not eating. She had most of her teeth removed in November and I think that has upset some equilibrium in her. She's still friendly and okay personality wise, but she's skin and bones and while I hope this drip works, I'm worried we're very close to the end.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Damn Mort. That's sad. Poor little thing. :(

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

GeddyWrox wrote:
February 11 20, 9:29 am
Damn Mort. That's sad. Poor little thing. :(
When we took her to the vet on Monday, we were both worried that this was it, that we wouldn't be leaving with her. But she's still got fight in her, and she's still eating, so fingers crossed this is just temporary and we get a couple more years with her.

Even if not (and I recognise it's probably not), she's been the sweetest, most affectionate cat I've ever had. Her old trick was to wait for a human to stop moving, then try and jump up onto their shoulder. If she had something to climb up a little, she could make it easily, but even from the floor, she'd make it past my waist, so I helped her the rest of the way. I'd carry her round on my shoulder for hours, with her purring away and occasionally trying to groom my beard.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Sadly, we only had a few more days with Littleone. She died this morning, after a couple of days when she stopped eating. Vet seems to think it was cancer, but she was purring away til the very end, sat on her favourite perch - my shoulder. Everyone, please give your cat an extra scritch today from me.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
February 20 20, 12:44 pm
Sadly, we only had a few more days with Littleone. She died this morning, after a couple of days when she stopped eating. Vet seems to think it was cancer, but she was purring away til the very end, sat on her favourite perch - my shoulder. Everyone, please give your cat an extra scritch today from me.
I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences. At least she was happy until the very end.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

sorry mort

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Sorry. I gave Marcella a squeeze for you.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I'll tell Ozzie and Cosmo to keep an eye out for her.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Too bad, Mort.