[/youtube]

Dogs, ftw.
Whenever I see OK Go videos on YouTube, I immediately think of this video:

[/youtube]

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Re: Cats

Post by Maclowery »

My kitten just mainlined some catnip or something, because he just came barreling into the living room , leaped onto the couch, ran across the top toward me, tried to jump from my shoulder up to a bookshelf, lost his footing, and used my face to stabilize himself for the jump. I now have a 3 inch scratch across my cheek (half hidden by my beard at least) that will be obnoxiously visible for a week. Maye I will toss this little bastard and adopt a nice, sleepy old lab instead.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I never understood the cat hate. I've had 6 cats in my life and all were exceptionally friendly, fun and would play all day with a string or laser pointer. My current cat waits for me to come home by the window, jumps on my shoulders and is constantly talking to me with her r2d2 noises. She wants to be in the room with me 80% of the time, but doesn't want to sit on me all the time. I like that. I like a little quiet and alone time now and again.

Is a litter box gross? Sure. Is picking up your dog's crap and carrying it around gross? Yeah. The other day I saw my girlfriend's landlord's dog eat its own poop.

Right now my cat is staying with my sister and brother in law. Most of these pics are from them. (She got fat after moving in with them)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 45195d4fed

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of dogs? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they are slobbering attention whores. They are indifferent anything except food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they refrain from not needing constant attention is usually when you actually have time to play with them, which drives them crazy causing them to eat their own feces. When you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. Unless you lock them in a crate all day, you can bet while you're out of the house they are slobbering all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps all the fraking time, necessitating that you get up at all hours to let them out, have to have an army of help if you want to be away for two days, and physically pick up their crap when walking them. They eat their poop and lick their buts, then lick you all over your face yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of dogs. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their slobber gets on everything. You can't sit quietly and read, or have a clean house, or get a full night's sleep with them. All they do is sleep and bark at random [expletive] all night. Occasionally you can throw a ball in front of them or watch them chase their tail, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to being the equivalent of a kid with reactive detachment disorder.

I'm not saying that I hate your dogs. If I come to your house I will play with your dogs, say nice things about them, and accept your decision to have these sociopaths in your home, but I can't understand it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Those dogs are making the human race weaker by limiting natural selection.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

JCShutout wrote:
Those dogs are making the human race weaker by limiting natural selection.
SO ARE YOU WITH YOUR VARIOUS MISSIONAL OUTREACHES TO BUMS WITH BALOGNA SANDWICHES AND WHAT NOT.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Waino threw out his elbow petting a dog.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

JCShutout wrote:I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of dogs? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they are slobbering attention whores. They are indifferent anything except food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they refrain from not needing constant attention is usually when you actually have time to play with them, which drives them crazy causing them to eat their own feces. When you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. Unless you lock them in a crate all day, you can bet while you're out of the house they are slobbering all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps all the fraking time, necessitating that you get up at all hours to let them out, have to have an army of help if you want to be away for two days, and physically pick up their crap when walking them. They eat their poop and lick their buts, then lick you all over your face yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of dogs. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their slobber gets on everything. You can't sit quietly and read, or have a clean house, or get a full night's sleep with them. All they do is sleep and bark at random [expletive] all night. Occasionally you can throw a ball in front of them or watch them chase their tail, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to being the equivalent of a kid with reactive detachment disorder.

I'm not saying that I hate your dogs. If I come to your house I will play with your dogs, say nice things about them, and accept your decision to have these sociopaths in your home, but I can't understand it.
You're dead to me.

Just admit this is about your fellow cult members, not dogs.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Why the [expletive] do we even keep animals in our houses? My wife hates the dogs, and is not fond of my cats. I love my dog and the cats are cool, but when my dog dies, I am not getting another one, I won't subject it to having to be a mostly outside dog. As far as the cats go, I probably won't get another one after they go unless my daughters want one. My wife is a crazy clean freak and goes nuts over any cat hair she sees.