Getting into shape

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Getting into shape

Post by IMADreamer »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
March 24 22, 9:09 pm
i've heard ejaculating lowers blood pressure.
I will be sure to tell my personal trainer that.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Radbird wrote:
March 1 22, 4:55 pm
I’m trying. Getting back into an exercise routine. Starting to feel the effects with increased stamina and energy levels. 15 years ago, I probably would’ve already lost 10 pounds. But old age has definitely slowed my metabolism so it’ll be a longer road now.
I’ve been pretty consistent in March. I feel much better, can go twice as long in a session (elliptical, light weights, stretching.) More energy, less napping, less brain fog. But no weight loss, midsection is still flabby. Have to come up with something to address that - but what? Planks? I don’t even know where to start. I only have a month before Florida.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Radbird wrote:
March 27 22, 2:26 pm
Radbird wrote:
March 1 22, 4:55 pm
I’m trying. Getting back into an exercise routine. Starting to feel the effects with increased stamina and energy levels. 15 years ago, I probably would’ve already lost 10 pounds. But old age has definitely slowed my metabolism so it’ll be a longer road now.
I’ve been pretty consistent in March. I feel much better, can go twice as long in a session (elliptical, light weights, stretching.) More energy, less napping, less brain fog. But no weight loss, midsection is still flabby. Have to come up with something to address that - but what? Planks? I don’t even know where to start. I only have a month before Florida.
You're lifting weights already, which is a definitely way to increase metabolism. Perhaps increase the amount your lifting a bit?

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I am slowly and sustainably trying to get back to better habits.

This week, I am only drinking high protein shakes for breakfast (160 calories, 3g of carbs, 30g of protein).

Also this week, I have worked out 3 days in a row. (walked about 3/4 of a mile the first 2 days and did 20 sets of weightlifting/strength training today). Depending on how sore I am, I may strength train again tomorrow at a faster pace to get some cardio as well.

My goal right now is to do something everyday as far as exercise. I want to see how many days in a row I can do it.

Next week will be to continue with what I did this week but add some intermittent fasting/protein shakes for lunch as well.

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Day 4 in a row. Got a good sweat in today as well.

Plus I ejaculated so my blood pressure is probably lower.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Keep it up. I remember thinking I'd be amazed if I could do a week. But then a month, and as of May 4 it will be one year. I couldn't even fathom that when I started this, but it goes fast, just like life.

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

7 days!

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Yesterday marks one year of at least one workout per day. One year of going to my nice gym. Of running through the mud and the muck in a small town that has no such facility. Of getting home from a gig at 4 am and doing the day's workout because I know I won't want to later. Of driving six hours after being with a dying relative, and then working out. Of running outdoors night that was zero degrees. Of running through a blizzard that brought 23 inches of snow because I couldn't get to a gym. All of that, and I can say I did it. No insulin injections for 10 months, so entirely worth it. I'm not a gym rat, in fact I kinda hate it, but it has to be done.

On to year number 2. Seems impossible but so did a week about one year ago.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Leroy wrote:
May 4 22, 2:06 pm
Yesterday marks one year of at least one workout per day. One year of going to my nice gym. Of running through the mud and the muck in a small town that has no such facility. Of getting home from a gig at 4 am and doing the day's workout because I know I won't want to later. Of driving six hours after being with a dying relative, and then working out. Of running outdoors night that was zero degrees. Of running through a blizzard that brought 23 inches of snow because I couldn't get to a gym. All of that, and I can say I did it. No insulin injections for 10 months, so entirely worth it. I'm not a gym rat, in fact I kinda hate it, but it has to be done.

On to year number 2. Seems impossible but so did a week about one year ago.
This is extremely difficult. You should be really proud. Summoning the energy when I'm down, stressed, too busy, etc, is very very hard.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

It is. My extreme stubbornness can be either a blessing or a curse.